McMichael best TE in the league?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well its a stat list. It doesn't take account of how the TEs are played. Randy McMichael is played very differently from even Jeremy Shockey, let alone Tony Gonzales who is most often treated as if he were a #1 WR.

Randy's makin plays, and he's athletic...but he's been singled up on either a LB or safety a lot. Shockey gets doubled a lot. Gonzales usually does.

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
I don't know about these rankings. I would have like to have seen Madison and Surtian mentioned and also, I would have had Marion ranked ahead of Freeman. Marion is probably the least mentioned guy but most consistent on our team. The guy is a total team player and is always around the ball. I am glad we kept him this offseason.

:hail:Marion

Cranx

Hammered
Reaction score
Well, at least according to these ratings, we'll have another one-two match up this week. We already have the league's #1 and #2 rushers going up against eachother and this makes is the #1 and #2 TE's matching up as well. This game is going to come down to one of the defenses stepping up and making a couple of big plays.

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Thats good and all but I believe this is the same system that had Vinny #1 and Jay Rated #2 before the Jets game...

Still, Randy McMichael is a YAC machine... I rewatched the Jets game and on 2 of his 4 receptions, he breaks at least 2 tackles before going down. He is special.

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
he is certainly the Phins biggest suprise of this off season, but needs to play more than 3 game to get the label as does Shockey.

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well its a stat list. It doesn't take account of how the TEs are played. Randy McMichael is played very differently from even Jeremy Shockey, let alone Tony Gonzales who is most often treated as if he were a #1 WR.

Randy's makin plays, and he's athletic...but he's been singled up on either a LB or safety a lot. Shockey gets doubled a lot. Gonzales usually does.

Shockey doesn't get doubled a lot. I've watched every one of NY Giants games and haven't seen any double coverage on Shockey.

Of course the defense has to account for Shockey because he is a receiving threat, but he doesn't get any double coverage! Toomer and Hilliard are benefiting from the defense putting a man on Shockey.

You are probably mistaking double coverage for linebackers playing a zone defense while the corners play man to man.

If the WR runs a slant to the middle of the field, that will draw a Safety and the corner to that spot while Shockey comes up underneath that and catches the ball...it seems like a lot of people are around him, but they are just playing their zone assignments.

DNY

Active Roster
Reaction score
You shouldn't see too many CB's on that list. The fewer tackles your CB makes means the fewer times the oppposition is going at him. Look at Fletcher's 11 tackle game Vs. Indy. Madison won't rack up many points in this system, teams rarely go at him anymore.

Dolfan3454

Scout Team
Reaction score
the other day a few plays jeremny shockey had aneus williams on him..i dont think shockey is all that good

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I just like the fact that he was an after thought for most teams..He came in saying he would make them pay for not drafting him higher and he's a refreshing change..one that actually is doing what he promised..unlike our #1 pick last year who said similar things.

Top Bottom