McMichael On The Move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael On The Move

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Alex Marvel for the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins rookie TE Randy McMichael is making his move to pass incumbent starter Jed Weaver on the depth charts. McMichael is having an excellent camp, showing good hands and blocking ability.

I'm really excited about now having players that can actually RUN AFTER THE CATCH!!!! How many years has it been since we had somebody who could not only catch the ball, but actually do damage with it in his hands? I think we have a few of those guys on offense now, and that really excites me!

I anticipate McMichael doing things with the ball in his hands.

For McMichael is only a matter of time........He might not start opening day but eventually he will....................I just can't wait to see the offense come opening day.

im also excited to have some kind of a threat at te and if we got it from a fourthrounder? I am ecstatic!! What a steal if this guy turns into a shannon sharpe type ...with out the mouth ...lol

I know you guys won't appreciate the criticism, but I haven't been as impressed about McMichael as maybe some of you have. He's got speed, he seems to run his routes well enough which is the key because its Norv's routes that are getting him open not his skills, and so far he seems like he has good hands...

But as a TE, I'm not sure he's physical enough. He seems more to me like a physical WR, rather than a gifted all-around TE. All I know from him is from the scrimmage, but he wasn't very physical after the catch in those games. I remember Troy Drayton, he'd catch that ball, turn around, and practically lift a defender over him then keep running. McMichael just seemed to run toward the sideline or go down at first contact...in a TE I want more than down at first contact. He reminds me so far of Eddie "Boo" Williams of the Saints.

I see your point CK, but let's give the guy a chance. We've seen him in what...one scrimmage. Hell, I'm happy the guy is being mentioned in a positive way. I remembered when we drafted him. At the time Mayes was screwing up. Then Mayes came on and I'm thinking damn we wasted a pick on a TE because Mayes can play!
I would have rather seen us go with a LB with that pick. Now Mayes has screwed the pooch again and McMichaels has come on.
I'm relieved actually and think it's time to try and trade Mayes if we can. If not then release the guy. His attitude stinks and he doesn't deserve to be a phin. He's our best TE, but I'll take my chances with Weaver, McMichael and Perry.

:) :) :)

The only time I saw him go down with first contact was when someone took out his legs.... anybody is gonna go down if your legs are gone, no matter how physical you are.. as for running toward the sidelines... I would imagine that's where the route was supposed to go....
I thought he looked pretty good... but again it was only a scrimage... hopefully we will see alot more of him next week and I (we all) can make a better judgement of him them.

Originally posted by SWS84
I see your point CK, but let's give the guy a chance. We've seen him in what...one scrimmage. Hell, I'm happy the guy is being mentioned in a positive way. I remembered when we drafted him. At the time Mayes was screwing up. Then Mayes came on and I'm thinking damn we wasted a pick on a TE because Mayes can play!
I would have rather seen us go with a LB with that pick. Now Mayes has screwed the pooch again and McMichaels has come on.
I'm relieved actually and think it's time to try and trade Mayes if we can. If not then release the guy. His attitude stinks and he doesn't deserve to be a phin. He's our best TE, but I'll take my chances with Weaver, McMichael and Perry.

:) :) :)

We can't get anything for Mayes. I would cut him from the team.

You heard here first. The exact same way I was praising Superman last year, I am praising this kid this year. RM is going to be a star at his position.

Yeah he's not real physical, but nether is Sharpe. His job is to get open in the seam and run after the catch.

He's an upgrade at a spot we needed one. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt and be happy we have a guy who can be an upgrade where we need one.

McMichael is one more reason to get excited over next Monday.

I'm excited about the kid as anyone but he hasn't shown himself to be truly special yet. He's just a rookie. Good to keep in mind that no matter how much "potential" he's showing its still potential because he hasn't fulfilled it yet.

McMichael caught three balls. One of them he caught on the run and had plenty of time to turn upfield to challenge physically a defender, but he didn't, he just pranced out of bounds. Then he got tackled, his legs got taken out from under him like you said, but it was because instead of turning upfield to challenge someone physically, he kept trying to run towards the sidelines to get out of bounds. I forget the 3rd catch I'd have to watch it on the sunshine network feed again but it was during commercial I think.

Back
Top Bottom