McMichael | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael

I didn't realize this guy was rated as high as he was. According to ESPN.com, he was the #6 TE in the draft. Knowing Norv, I believe either this guy or Weaver can become his Novacek. These guys we are picking will take time, but I want someone who can play now!

McMichael is a good pick!! Gonzalez would have been a bad pick there....Simmons is ?uestionable. But we brought him in, so who knows....

NFL.com has good info on him

Here is some more information on Randy McMichael

A clutch receiver for the Bulldogs, he started 21 of 32 games he played in before opting for the pro ranks as an underclassman …Finished his career with 90 receptions for 1,213 yards (13.5 avg) and five touchdowns … His 1,213 yards rank ninth on the school’s career-record list.

I'm very excited about this pick. Norv's name is written all over it.

We know one thing for sure: He's almost certain to make the roster with the depth we have at TE

Originally posted by Blitz

We know one thing for sure: He's almost certain to make the roster with the depth we have at TE
Dolphins | TE Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:20 PT: Keven Lerner reports for the Sun Sentinel the Miami Dolphins expect TE Randy McMichael of Georgia, their fourth-round draft pick, to compete with TE Jed Weaver for the starting TE spot. Offensive coordinator Norv Turner's offense is known for utilizing a pass-catching tight end.

Originally posted by Blitz

I'm also excited about the possibility of a pass catching TE. Just look at my avatar.

FYI - Shannon Sharpe goes 6-2, 232 lbs.

17. Miami. We all knew this was The Ricky Williams Draft. When you don't pick until 90th, you probably won't get much help. But keep one player in mind: tight end Randy McMichael. He'll make this team and catch 45 balls in the new tight-end-friendly offense.

From Kings Monday Morning QB.

That's not a bad summary IMHO...

..but this team and it's roster is still evolving and with the limitations we had I'm with the strategy they chose.

It would be a big bonus if any of these draftee's go into starting or backup roles.;)

Back
Top Bottom