Media cant make up its mind on Crowder. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Media cant make up its mind on Crowder.

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I read some mock drafts and it has Crowder going in the first round. Take this for example.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3564836

Here it lists Crowder as a questionable pick. But in their Mock draft they had Crowder going 32 to the Pats.

Or on SI they have Crowder rated number 1 ILB but then once again they label him a risky pick. Even in his profile it says should make a good late first round pick.

I realize this guy has injury problems and supposed character issues but tonnes of people before the draft started labeled him at the end of round one of early round two. Why all of a sudden when the fins pick him it is a bad pick.

This is also kinda off topic but does anyone else like the fact we got Roth in the middle of round 2 who alot of people said would be a first round pick? Or that we got Crowder in round three who some had said would be a late first. Great value for limited picks.

We are talking a 3rd round pick

with first rnd talent. So given where we picked at, you pull the trigger and hope injury concerns are not a factor.

Miami did have inside info on his injuries, and had some fears allayed, so with that inside track you could understand it more.

Go watch footage of him at Yahoo. Kid is stunning!

If he was picked with first or even 2nd you would have more concern maybe, but once into 3rd you are into spinning the dice as who really can be certain in draft, let alone there.

are'nt we getting 2 for 1 with him because he used to play in the D-line? he could always come in as a DE

I like ESPN's take on the choice. He gives us imeadit help on speacial teams, and much needed depth behind Zach. He can play all 3 LB postions, but with Greenwood leaving we don't have a back up at MLB, and Zach has missed atleast one game in 3 straight years. After that he is a very young guy leaving after his sophmore year. There is no doubt he is a tackleing machine. Probably won't make a huge impact this year on defense, but will play special teams, and coud be Seau's replacement next year.

If New England picked him in the 1st round everyone would be raving about the pick. We get him at a steal in the 3rd, and we are morons for picking him. I just dont get it anymore.

fear-the-d said:
are'nt we getting 2 for 1 with him because he used to play in the D-line? he could always come in as a DE

thats Roth, Roth is a DE currently but also played OLB

Crowder's basically a boom or bust pick, that's why opinions vary. Either he's going to be a star, or his knee injuries will have him out of the league inside 3 years. There's no middle ground. In round 3, I'm okay with taking a chance like that.

BTW, JC, I couldn't agree more about the Belichick thing. See my newest commentary for more on that.

phunwin said:
Crowder's basically a boom or bust pick, that's why opinions vary. Either he's going to be a star, or his knee injuries will have him out of the league inside 3 years. There's no middle ground. In round 3, I'm okay with taking a chance like that.

BTW, JC, I couldn't agree more about the Belichick thing. See my newest commentary for more on that.

Thanks, I read it and you are so right. It is complete BS. He cant do wrong. Its almost like everyone knows the pick sucks, but because it was New England then they must know something we dont know. I dont get it.

Back
Top Bottom