Meeting a Dolphin Legend | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meeting a Dolphin Legend

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
This past Saturday I went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I am in Columbus on business and wanted to take advantage of my first opportunity to go. I was suprised when I logged on to their site to find that Paul Warfield was going to be there signing autographs!! So I drove the two hour trip to Canton to get in on the experience.

I got there right as they opened, bought a HOF football and waited in line for a hour and a half. I got his autograph and got to meet him.

Wow!! What a treat!!

The hall was great, plenty of stuff for us Fin fans to feel good about. We are so lucky to have the tradition and success we have had.

Man what an unforgettable memory!!

Yes. Especially of you are a real fan of the game. The history of Pro Football is so well documented there. The artifacts are amazing.

Unifroms from Jim Thorpe and Sammy Baugh. Unitas and Namath. Tom Dempsey's half shoe he used to kick the 63 yarder. The footballs Marino used to break records with. Griese's glasses. Dickerson;s jersey when he broke the season rushing mark. And it goes on and on.
Payton. Rice, Starr, Blanda, Montana, etc etc etc

The facility is not as state of the art as you would think. Especially considering the money the NFL has. But they are growing. They have a neat interactive area and NFL theater.

My advice would be to make the trip. See the NFL HOF one day and then drive an hour to Cleveland and see the Rock-n-Roll HOF the next day. Now that would definitely make a great trip.

As a football fan you have to go at least once. I know I will never forget it.

The HOF was great when I went there. I didn't see any players, although they did film a commerical for ESPN there.

I really want to go to the HOF. I would definitely try to make the trip on the weekend of Dan's induction if it is open to the public, but that is years away.

My dad is already planning the trip to Canton when Dan the man makes it in the Hall.... Im sure it will be the experience of a lifetime...

THIS IS MY 500th POST!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Ive been here since April 2002 and it has been great... THANKS FINHEAVEN!!!!!

:rocker: :cool2: :band: :jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I really want to go to the HOF. I would definitely try to make the trip on the weekend of Dan's induction if it is open to the public, but that is years away.

That's next year, right?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I think he gets inducted in 2005....

Whenever it is, I definitely want to go. :mdfin:

Wait until you hear the song that accompanies the banana. Is there anyway to get it uploaded here? Its hysterical.......

Yeah this was Jay's 3 year as a starter, so Dan has 2 more years before he can be inducted. I will be there. It will be my first trip to the hall of fame. I should probably start thinking about making hotel accomadations now.

I went to Cleveland with a girl I used to date one time. I live in Virginia and some of her family lives there. Anyway I was soooooooooooooooo excited to be going because I was gonna go to the Football Hall Of Fame and the Rock And Roll HOF as well. It was Easter weekend and they were both closed or at least that is what her family said. I was so pissed. That was the only reason I enve went all the way up there. The weekend sucked so bad. I went and played golf by myself.

Back
Top Bottom