Mega Trade to N.O.?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mega Trade to N.O.??

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Saints | TE A Prioity? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:50 PT: Pete Prisco reports for SportsLine.com the New Orleans Saints are expected to closely study their need at the tight end position. They could turn to the NFL Draft as a solution. The addition of Iowa TE Dallas Clark to the draft will help.

Ok, Send Desmond Clark, T. Ruddy & Madison for Turley & Miami's original 1st round pick.

Sounds good, except for loosing Madison. I dont know why everyone thinks he is so expendable? whats up? I garuntee he will bounce back after a streaky year. Madison just had a bad year by madison's standards, and those are high standards. He is still a top five corner IMO. And what first round pick that we have are you referring to? We dont have one. Also, I'd love to see Desmond Clark in a miami uniform again.

N.O. would be giving Miami back Miami's 1st rnd pick that N.O. got in the RIcky "The One" Williams trade. I'm really just pipe dreaming in all this anyway.

I would love to have turley on the squad but wouldnt trade madison, we would finally have someone who gets down and dirty and talks it too. This team has been missing that swagger for a while now, too many nice guys. Think of the momentum change if a saftey would whack the snot out of someone, i havent seen that in a while, linebackers too, zack has to get in on everything or else they dont stop it. Oh and think about it, if we trade madison that means......fletcher a starter......(shudders at the thought). I like fletcher and i think he is getting better and better but he still isnt starter quality

I agree, we need attitude...

Not sure we need a border-line psychotic, though...

I remember hearing that Seth McKinney had some attitude...

Originally posted by Wdolfan
Saints | TE A Prioity? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:50 PT: Pete Prisco reports for SportsLine.com the New Orleans Saints are expected to closely study their need at the tight end position. They could turn to the NFL Draft as a solution. The addition of Iowa TE Dallas Clark to the draft will help.

Ok, Send Desmond Clark, T. Ruddy & Madison for Turley & Miami's original 1st round pick.

Trade Madison.....No way! Who will we start in his place? Jamar Fletcher? Not a chance. By the way, we can't trade Desmond Clark, because he is already a free agent.

Nice Pipe Dream...

West Coast...god I wish they would do that...
Turley and a first rounder...too get rid of two playes that are dead weight (although Clark is a free-agent) and one player that is living off reputation...yeah I would do that.
Turley = Madison
Ruddy and Clark for the first round pick #18...yeah I would pretty much jump at that...besides
Jamar Fletcher could play more of his normal position.

the only problem is, if we do that then we need to run out and find a FA corner to play nickel and that would be more money we dont have.

Originally posted by Crisdeman
the only problem is, if we do that then we need to run out and find a FA corner to play nickel and that would be more money we dont have.

Fletcher can play corner He just can't play Nickel Corner. & Omare Lowe Is all set to play Nickel.

seriously, have you learned nothing since the introduction of the cap?? what is the last "mega" trade in the nfl that involved 2 or more players with HUGE contracts???

this deal is about as doable as sage rosenfels for mike vick!!!! the cap ramifications alone would kill this deal before you finished writing down sam's name in negotiations.....

fletcher doesn't even play the slot in the nickle....surtain does.....and omare lowe may be progressing but he is NOT a serious candidate for the nickle unless he has developed in WARP SPEED!!!!

Sam Madison bonus acceleration stops this from even being discussed. His trade would add approx. $2.5 million to the 2003 cap

Back
Top Bottom