Mel Kiper | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Reaction score
On sportscenter Mel Kiper just said that Antonio Cromartie is likely to go mid 2nd. Thats interesting because most of the mocks i have seen have him going in the first round. I would really like to get him in the 2nd but i dont think you can try with the 16th. We need to find a way to get more draft picks and i bet saban is working on that.

yea id be suprised if hes there in the second when we pick

maybe the scouts don't think he's the second coming of deion sanders like some member of this board think. he's pretty good, but he's coming off of major surgery and is prob. the 4th-7th ranked corner in the draft, depending on opinion. he may be a late 1st but more likely an early 2nd guy. we don't need to move, imo jennings or marshall would be just as good picks as cromartie.

Kiper is doing his latest Mock on SC now. A few of the notables, I saw were Justice for Miami (as has been said on here many times, Saban likes versatility. Justice can play LT or RT be a good fit. Kipers words.), had Hill going at 20, Greenway at 23, and Jimmy Williams at 24.

Yeah, I'm starting to question Kiper now because he had Williams and Greenway go in the 20's

Phishstix said:
maybe the scouts don't think he's the second coming of deion sanders like some member of this board think. he's pretty good, but he's coming off of major surgery and is prob. the 4th-7th ranked corner in the draft, depending on opinion. he may be a late 1st but more likely an early 2nd guy. we don't need to move, imo jennings or marshall would be just as good picks as cromartie.
Another CB we could look at for our second pick is johnathan joseph. i heard some good things about him and he ran a 4.31. i have seen him all over the place in mock drafts but i don't know much about him. where do you people think his going to go and if he is legit

joseph

He's overrated right now. He's not worth a 1st round pick.

Greenway dropped b/c he had a bad bench workout at the combine. But remember, a few of his reps were not allowed b/c of bad form, so it was really higher. He will prove that at his pro day and i think he'll be fine. Some question his speed, but in game situations, he's the best in coverage, so i don't know what to say about that.

Jimmy Williams is also interesting if he falls b/c he could play either CB or S. I know a lot of people don't like his attitude though.

I think our draft will be HIGHLY dependent on our FA pickups. We have potential tragets at QB, OLB, DT, and OL.

Greenway had a bad combine.....Crom didnt do as well as thought and injury a concern(he should be a 2nd rounder but some1 might fly on him in the 1st(See Mcgahee)...Jimmy Williams cause some dont think hell be a CB and want him at FS plus he is i guess a lil unstable.

All better news for us.

i hope we dont get greenway:shakeno:he did 225 16 times and cutler did it 23

Well Kiper had Jonathan Joseph going 15 to Atlanta a while back sooo I seriously doubt that he will be there in the second when we pick. we need to go ahead a trade down cause I think we could pick around 25 to early 2nd as our first pick and still get some great talent. Might not be the highest profile guys in the world, But they will be good and we can pick up more picks to fill more holes. However if we stay at 16 and Williams is there we should pick him. I am not at all iimpressed with Chad Greenway!

If that is the case than this is who I want with the first 2 picks

1. Manny Lawson( if we are able to sign a LB in FA then Ko Simpson)

2. Antonio Cromartie

Back
Top Bottom