Memory Lane: Player Association Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Memory Lane: Player Association Thread

Dolphins Own

Dolphins fan since 2002
Reaction score
Hopefully this is something that is allowed- I've seen variations of word association played on forums for years and thought this would be a cool spin to take a dive down memory lane with our fellow Phin fans. How it would work: you look at the post above you, and the player they post as next you would post your favorite memory of that player. Then you would include the next player at the bottom of your post. The next poster would reference your player listed as "next". Hopefully that all makes sense-once it starts flowing it gets easier to understand. Keep it Miami Dolphin related to stay on topic! I can get it started off:

Next: Davone Bess

Interesting choice! I remember Bess more for his off the field incidents than anything.

Staying with interesting choices. Next: James Pruitt

james-pruitt-56d71219-198a-415a-b548-f700d565ce7-resize-750.jpeg

Wow talk about a throwback for me. I'm a little young to remember James Pruitt on the field, but I do however remember he was the kick returner for Miami in the original Tecmo Bowl for the NES. =]

Next: Louis Oliver

I remember when Oliver picked off Jim Kelly a couple yards deep in the end zone and took it all the way back for a TD.

Next: David Woodley

I don't necessarily have a favorite moment of David Woodley as a player, although I loved when he was there for the 1982 sweep of the Jets. A tragic end to his life, though. I hope he's found his peace.

Next up: Chuck Klingbeil.

My favorite memory of Chuck Klingbeil was when Jimmy Johnson immediately got rid of him. I predicted that would happen on Las Vegas sports radio. Klingbeil was my annual annoyance on those Dolphin teams of the early to mid '90s because defensive tackle is by far my favorite position, and the Dolphins were essentially regulating themselves with a limited player like Chuck Klingbeil having such a prominent role year after year. Jimmy Johnson understood the need for disruptive upfield talent at that position so there was no chance he would keep Klingbeil around.

If you want something more positive about Klingbeil, on the night Jimmy Johnson was hired three members of my family went to celebrate at Shula's Steakhouse in Miami Lakes. They had a feature steak that was supposedly a chore to eat. On the wall was the listing of people who had accomplished it. Not far away from where we were sitting, I saw a plaque with the name Chuck Klingbeil.

BTW, I didn't realize he had died recently. After writing my summary I googled to see what Klingeil was doing now. I won't edit my paragraphs to soften my position, but I am sad he died so young.

RIP

Next guy: Bill Stanfill

Not surprising at all. This thread was moving quickly until I stalled it.

I intentionally used Bill Stanfill as testing ground, and for one reason only...he is easily the least remembered and least discussed truly great player in franchise history.

Hard to remember a guy like Bill Stanfill on a Super Bowl team loaded with Hall of Famers and super stars. When he had ten sacks, Vern Den Herder would have ten and a half. When he had the most sacks in a single game (against the Jets!) Vern would tie that mark two weeks later. I’ll throw out a name that often had me throwing things-
Terrell Buckley

I have to say it...........Fulton Walkers KO return in the Super Bowl

Back
Top Bottom