Memory lane1988 Dolphins vs Browns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Memory lane1988 Dolphins vs Browns

That was a great Monday Night game in an otherwise bad year (6-10). I remember Duper being suspended because he missed a mandatory drug test. Freddie Banks had a great game in his place.

Wonder what would had happened if Duper was not suspended from the game?!
He probably wouldn't have played any better than Banks did. Dupers suspension was a big deal. Halftime of that game they had a report on it. I want to say Richard Dent was suspended too.

What an awful year! And to go 6-10 with prime Marino. :wall

Wow. For real. Has to be one of Shula's worst years...

Having Dan at that time and not challenging for championships is

almost inexcusable... Oh well.

Don Strock was so unselfish. He could have been a starter somewhere in the league. But instead he learned under Bob Griese and spelled him when Bob got hurt at times. Then helped David Woodley and the Fins get to a SB. After that he took Marino under his wing and tried to help Dan he the best he could be. There was no jealousy, just commitment to helping his team. Real loyalty. Look at those clips - he was a very good QB and easily starts on QB needy teams in his prime. But I suspect he valued loyalty to the greater cause. No wonder the fans gave him an ovation when he came on the field as a Brown. Don Strock was a special teammate. He really was.

Wow. For real. Has to be one of Shula's worst years...

Having Dan at that time and not challenging for championships is

almost inexcusable... Oh well.
Over time, people have forgiven/forgotten what a terrible job SHULA and company did with that defence in the late 80’s. One of only two losing seasons in Shula’s legacy that 1988 season. Marino in his prime and 6-10....wow.

Blame Olivadotti and his **** defense. Jarvis Williams was a good rookie Safety, but I just remember Lankford and Judson getting absolutely torched every week.
Lol. Yes sir, they sure did. I was always shocked at every incompletion. Usually a drop or errant throw.

Don Strock was so unselfish. He could have been a starter somewhere in the league. But instead he learned under Bob Griese and spelled him when Bob got hurt at times. Then helped David Woodley and the Fins get to a SB. After that he took Marino under his wing and tried to help Dan he the best he could be. There was no jealousy, just commitment to helping his team. Real loyalty. Look at those clips - he was a very good QB and easily starts on QB needy teams in his prime. But I suspect he valued loyalty to the greater cause. No wonder the fans gave him an ovation when he came on the field as a Brown. Don Strock was a special teammate. He really was.
I think you maybe overhyping Strock a tad. In those days it was hard to move teams and were he that good Miami would have traded him rather than keeping him as a career backup. He could step in for a pinch but it would not have been selfish for him to pursue a starters job somewhere If he’d had a chance.

Back
Top Bottom