Mercury Morris Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mercury Morris Question

LoXiN

Demoralizing Jet fans one at a time.
Reaction score
Today I was asked wether or not Mercury Morris is still in football.
I answered that I thought he was dead (died in car accident) can anyone confirm this cause im really confussed now. I cant find anything on his life or death after his retirement.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dude the guy played in the mid 70's how in the world would he have played until now?

Still good question I do not know much about what has happened to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didnt say play. He could be a college Coach or Be in commentary.

Both would be remaining in football.

According the site link I give, he is not involved in football anymore.

TY Dolbet. How recent is this though?

I see. Was a great RB if ya ask me. Unbelievable when him and Zonk were I think still the only pair of players to have two 1000 yard seasons in a single year.

The last I heard about Morris was last year when he was at the Dolphins/Bears game with the rest of the 72 team. I have no idea what he does on a daily basis.

He's still alive. Heck, I read an article in the Sentinel where he was talking about Ricky's running woes a week or two ago. :)

As for the car crash.....are you thinking of David Overstreet??

Mecury Morris is now a motivational speaker. He travels and speaks of his life as par tof a Championship football team and then overcoming drug addicition in his later years.

Its a shame you don't hear more about him. Csonka gets so much credit for those years and Merc was right there yard for yard.

I was a football coach at a local high school here in Miami and the school brought Morris in to give a motivational speech. He was very good. Came across sincere and really delved into his drug years and how he nearly lost everything because of the drugs.

Afterwards we spoke about that 72 team a little. He is very funny and candid. I enjoyed meeting him that day.

Back
Top Bottom