Merge: R.I.P. Cory Lidle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merge: R.I.P. Cory Lidle

Rocky Raccoon said:
I couldn't go through listening to it, but I hear a lot of people in this area who are very upset at Mike and the Mad Dog. I already saw 2 articles, one on each, about how they regret what they had said. Personally, I like Mike and the Mad Dog, but they do come off as jerks sometimes.

Honestly, you can't blame Mike and Chris for anything, they were just doing their job. I would bet my last dollar that they wouldn't have been so harsh on him had they known 2 days later that this would have happened. All I can say is this. Yesterday I was stuck in traffic for nearly 2 hours coming home from school. Michael Kay who is apart of the Yankees went on about business on his radio show even conducting an interview with Tiki Barber while this was going on with Lidle. He was also debating the hotness of an anchor from ABC ALL WHILE WE ALREADY KNEW CORY LIDLE HAD PASSED. Mike and Chris however, dedicated the rest of the show to Lidle and showed nothing but the upmost respect for him, his family, and the fans that have been affected. Mike and Chris were all class yesterday. I'm sure nobody feels as bad as they do about what happened. In fact I know not to many do besides his family and friends. If they can take it back, they would. I got into a scuffle with my little brother before he passed. Does it mean I didn't love him, no. Everyone makes mistake, their mistake just happen to happen 2 days before this tragedy!

By the way, if anyone should be burnt for their actions it should be Michael Kay. What a joke his show was yesterday after this tragic news broke. Did anyone else hear it cause it made me sick to my stomach that he's debating how hot an anchor is while this was going on. And this from a guy who works in the Yankees organization!

Rocky Raccoon said:
I couldn't go through listening to it, but I hear a lot of people in this area who are very upset at Mike and the Mad Dog. I already saw 2 articles, one on each, about how they regret what they had said. Personally, I like Mike and the Mad Dog, but they do come off as jerks sometimes.

They didn't do anything wrong.

Lidle was a jerk at times with what he said.

He threw Bonds under the bus but took Giambi in with open arms. Very hypocritical.

The entire Phillies hated him and couldn't wait to bad mouth him after he left Philly in July. Saying he would eat ice cream in the clubhouse and not care abotu the games.

Then throwing Torre under the bus after Saturday's game.

They were all valid points Mike and Dog brought up. And who the hell knew the guy was going to fly an airplane in a building 3 days later!!!!

MikeO said:

He threw Bonds under the bus but took Giambi in with open arms. Very hypocritical.

The entire Phillies hated him and couldn't wait to bad mouth him after he left Philly in July. Saying he would eat ice cream in the clubhouse and not care abotu the games.

They were all valid points Mike and Dog brought up. And who the hell knew the guy was going to fly an airplane in a building 3 days later!!!!

No one is going to be loved by everyone, and Lidle seemed to be a really good guy. Read Alan Schwarz' story on ESPN.com. I think that's the best one I've read.

MikeO said:

Exactly. What do people expect...sports commentators/writers to not say anything negative about anyone for fear that they might die? No disrespect to Lidle, but these two did nothing wrong.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Honestly, you can't blame Mike and Chris for anything, they were just doing their job. I would bet my last dollar that they wouldn't have been so harsh on him had they known 2 days later that this would have happened. All I can say is this. Yesterday I was stuck in traffic for nearly 2 hours coming home from school. Michael Kay who is apart of the Yankees went on about business on his radio show even conducting an interview with Tiki Barber while this was going on with Lidle. He was also debating the hotness of an anchor from ABC ALL WHILE WE ALREADY KNEW CORY LIDLE HAD PASSED. Mike and Chris however, dedicated the rest of the show to Lidle and showed nothing but the upmost respect for him, his family, and the fans that have been affected. Mike and Chris were all class yesterday. I'm sure nobody feels as bad as they do about what happened. In fact I know not to many do besides his family and friends. If they can take it back, they would. I got into a scuffle with my little brother before he passed. Does it mean I didn't love him, no. Everyone makes mistake, their mistake just happen to happen 2 days before this tragedy!

By the way, if anyone should be burnt for their actions it should be Michael Kay. What a joke his show was yesterday after this tragic news broke. Did anyone else hear it cause it made me sick to my stomach that he's debating how hot an anchor is while this was going on. And this from a guy who works in the Yankees organization!

Good post.

About the Kay thing: Are you kidding? I'm shocked at that because Kay is one of the biggest Yankee homers on the planet. I guess Kay must not have been a fan/friend of Lidle's otherwise I'm sure Kay would have been on the radio demanding Bud Selig to cancel the playoff games that night. He truly is a first class idiot.

Ray Finkle said:
Good post.

About the Kay thing: Are you kidding? I'm shocked at that because Kay is one of the biggest Yankee homers on the planet. I guess Kay must not have been a fan/friend of Lidle's otherwise I'm sure Kay would have been on the radio demanding Bud Selig to cancel the playoff games that night. He truly is a first class idiot.

From what I heard, he talked about it at 4:30 for an hour or so. That's fine IMO but what isn't is how he acted like the world was fine after he spoke about Lidle (which was after I tuned in). He went on raving and ranting about the hotness of some anchor from ABC and was talking about Jennifer Aniston. I mean it's fine if you want to change sports subjects and go onto a brighter note but what is dispicable is how he went on as if nothing had happened after he addressed it. Honestly, it was the lowest of low class. I understand changing the subject but talking about the looks of an anchor and cracking jokes and having fun in studio after a Yankees has passed on....Unacceptable. It would be unacceptable whether it's a Yankee or not but it especially is considering he works for the organization!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
From what I heard, he talked about it at 4:30 for an hour or so. That's fine IMO but what isn't is how he acted like the world was fine after he spoke about Lidle (which was after I tuned in). He went on raving and ranting about the hotness of some anchor from ABC and was talking about Jennifer Aniston. I mean it's fine if you want to change sports subjects and go onto a brighter note but what is dispicable is how he went on as if nothing had happened after he addressed it. Honestly, it was the lowest of low class. I understand changing the subject but talking about the looks of an anchor and cracking jokes and having fun in studio after a Yankees has passed on....Unacceptable. It would be unacceptable whether it's a Yankee or not but it especially is considering he works for the organization!

Oh I agree completely. I'm just shocked that Kay barely talked about it, I mean not only because Lidle was a Yankee but there was nothing else to really talk about going on in sports world besides the Tigers/A's and Mets/Cardinal games.

MikeO said:

Regardless of Lidle's personality i'm guessing he went into lockerrooms with enemies because he was a replacement player.

djfresh47 said:
Regardless of Lidle's personality i'm guessing he went into lockerrooms with enemies because he was a replacement player.

Oh without question. I'm sure no matter where he went he had to prove himself to the players on the teams, whether right or wrong.

miamikid92 said:
what do you mean by replacement player?

Guys who crossed the line during the 94-95 strike. The dispute was settled before the start of the 95 season but Lidle signed on before the dispute. Brendan Donnelly, Kevin Millar are two other guys who crossed. They're not allowed to be part of the union.

as for lidle's comments about the yankees not being as prepared to play as the tigers were

that statement is true, he was really the only player on the yankees that had the balls to say it

if the yankees were as prepared they would have won, simple as that

brandon1986 said:
as for lidle's comments about the yankees not being as prepared to play as the tigers were

that statement is true, he was really the only player on the yankees that had the balls to say it

if the yankees were as prepared they would have won, simple as that

Maybe. But don't pin it on 1 guy THE MANAGER!!! He didn't need to throw Torre under the bus! That was uncalled for.

Back
Top Bottom