12. Cleveland -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
13. Baltimore -- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta -- Michael Huff, DB, Texas
16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, OT, USC

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?id=2295094
ESPN Insider Access Required

WoooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!!

He has Winston Justice falling to us!!! Too bad this is completely meaningless and will change 100 times before being completely ignored on draft day as the teams take guys THEY want.

But still, we get Justice!!!! My board is
1. Cutler
2. Justice
3. Huff

that's my board for guys that may be available. And I flip flop between Justice and Cutler all the time as #1. Cutler to Detroit so sadly we wouldn't have a shot in this mock. Ideally I would like whoever Saban has rated highest to fall to us because I obviously trust him more than myself.

Dang....

I'd be bummed if these guys were ALL gone at our pick:

Ngata @ #8
Cutler @ #9
Greenway @ #12
Huff @ #15

I'd rather have ANY of those guys over Justice.

I don't see Justice falling to us. The ironic thing is I see him going to Detroit at 9 instead of Cutler which may allow Cutler to fall to us.

If the draft goes that way I say we trade down if we can.

I say we take Jimmy Williams if he is still on the board when we pick. He is a top cb prospect who is big and fast.

TimeGap said:
If the draft goes that way I say we trade down if we can.

...i'm with you. in fact, in keeping with kiper's board, what about drafting lendale white and doing a little 'draft and trade' with the steelers or the colts? i'm betting white will attract a pretty good return. in fact, i see seven teams that pick after us that may be very interested in white, particularly because this is the latest i've seen white go in all the most recent mocks i've seen - i've seen him go as high as fifth.

No way we pass on Jimmy Williams. No way...

cowtowndick said:
...i'm with you. in fact, in keeping with kiper's board, what about drafting lendale white and doing a little 'draft and trade' with the steelers or the colts? i'm betting white will attract a pretty good return. in fact, i see seven teams that pick after us that may be very interested in white, particularly because this is the latest i've seen white go in all the most recent mocks i've seen - i've seen him go as high as fifth.

That's a real good idea. I bet we can get quite a bit for White if he's there. The only real funny thing would be if we first drafted him and then traded him because they would go up and announce that Miami is taking Lendale White.

At that moment we would have Ronnie, Ricky, and Lendale. For a brief moment we might have the most potent backfield in the history of the league (we're pretty close already with Ricky and Ronnie but you add Lendale and it's unquestionable).

Kiper's 1st Mock Draft

I don't usually place a lot of stock in early mock drafts, but who does Mel have us taking? You have to be an ESPN Insider to find out. Can anybody help me out?

caneaddict said:
That's a real good idea. I bet we can get quite a bit for White if he's there. The only real funny thing would be if we first drafted him and then traded him because they would go up and announce that Miami is taking Lendale White.

At that moment we would have Ronnie, Ricky, and Lendale. For a brief moment we might have the most potent backfield in the history of the league (we're pretty close already with Ricky and Ronnie but you add Lendale and it's unquestionable).

idea is similar to when the chargers drafted eli manning even after he told them he wouldn't play for them - they parlayed that pick into a nice haul. i can see saban/mueller being that smart - but only if cutler is gone, 'cause i'm for cutler at #16. if he's gone, then there is a lot of talent available at a lot of different positions. the dropoff in talent at qb after cutler is, imo, huge.

I dont think he has a mock yet, just his big board which has Cutler ranked around 12-14 if you were wondering

Back
Top Bottom