Merged: 2 Important Dates / When did Wayne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2 Important Dates / When did Wayne

Jim Jensen

Practice Squad
Reaction score
2 Important Dates

January 7th, 1990-----Joe Robbie dies

January 5th, 1996-----Don Shula Retires

Those are the 2 most significant events/dates that have brought on this downfall of this once proud organization.....it just hasnt been the same w/o them. The once stable, competitive, trustworthy organization is all gone.....

Re: 2 Important Dates

I have to disagree w/you on Shula - 1995 was a horrible year for an extremely, poorly managed team. It was a long time coming (Shula's retirement) IMO. He was not the cap-master that someone running a team needed to be.

On Joe Robbie, I totally agree :cry:

Jim Jensen..is that your name? Or, are you a "Crash" fan?
I graduated from the same High School as Crash.

Was a Crash fan when he played.....just a gr8 all around good player....was kinda like a "Charlie Hustle" of the NFL....punt, qb, wr, te, hb, rb....he did it all....

Glad to see someone out there can appreciate what he brought to the game. Marino could count on #11 to be one yard beyond the first down marker every third down. Between him and Tony Nathan converting third downs was a walk in the park. That's what this team deperately needs...since we are always trying to convert a third and long.

Yup....Tony Nathan, Jim Jensen and OJ McDuffie all certainly knew how to get a first down for sure.....gr8 part about all 3 is that the defense knew it was comin but they couldnt stop it from happenin.....

When did Wayne

buy the Dolphins? Is he right for this organization ? Is this organization on its way up or down?

Down...just look at all the $hit that has happened!!!

But for some reason...I still think we'll be okay!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: 2 Important Dates

Originally posted by dolphan39
I have to disagree w/you on Shula - 1995 was a horrible year for an extremely, poorly managed team. It was a long time coming (Shula's retirement) IMO. He was not the cap-master that someone running a team needed to be.

He made a last ditch effort in 95 and the results showed in the cap. He was being forced out due to results. Results that were not all that bad in hindsight.

Sorry that I have to disagree with you but I think that sentiment would make you part of a really clueless fan base that would have been among the boo-birds. :shakeno:

Re: Re: Re: 2 Important Dates

Originally posted by ZOD

Sorry that I have to disagree with you but I think that sentiment would make you part of a really clueless fan base that would have been among the boo-birds. :shakeno:

I really didn't like making that statement but with the top of this organization in disarray and my two COORS worth of judgement, I said it. :D

Re: Re: Re: 2 Important Dates

Originally posted by ZOD
I still do not forgive Shula for not finding a way to beat the Pats in the 1985 AFC Championship game in Miami - so he was 10 years past needing to be fired IMO

Re: When did Wayne

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
buy the Dolphins? Is he right for this organization ? Is this organization on its way up or down?

January 7
Joseph Robbie, founder and owner of the Dolphins and the driving force behind the construction of Joe Robbie Stadium, dies of respiratory failure at age 73.

January 12
The Miami Dolphins and Robbie Stadium Corporation undergo an organization realignment to ensure continued administration of both entities by the Robbie family. Tim Robbie becomes President of the Dolphins, Dan and Janet Robbie are named Executive Vice Presidents of the team, while Eddie Jones is named Executive Vice President and General Manager of the cub. In addition, J. Michael Robbie is named Executive Vice President of Robbie Stadium Corporation.

January 24, 1994
The trustees of the Miami Dolphins sign a definitive agreement with H. Wayne Huizenga to purchase the Robbie family's interests in the Dolphin franchise. The agreement also includes an option for Huizenga to purchase the Robbies' interest in Joe Robbie Stadium.

on a side note
February 8
Joel Collier joins the Dolphins as a staff assistant, replacing Carl Taseff.

Back
Top Bottom