(Merged): 2 Nicknames for the D / Why the Cheesy Nicknames? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged): 2 Nicknames for the D / Why the Cheesy Nicknames?

Re: Two ideas for a name of our Defense

Originally posted by infiltrateib
The Green Giants, The Green Machine, Miami Vice

IMO...the "green" references sound too much like the Jests... but I do like Miami vice :up:

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

:goof:

:lolcry:

I don't get why people like Miami Vice....tell me why? Explain the name ot me and maybe Ill hop on the bandwagon :bandwagon:. I still prefer Ocean's 11.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I don't get why people like Miami Vice....tell me why? Explain the name ot me and maybe Ill hop on the bandwagon :bandwagon:. I still prefer Ocean's 11.

Miami Vice was a very popular TV show starring Don Johnson back in the 1980's(?) It was about the Vice squad in Miami.... hence the name.... to apply it to the Dolphin D, would be a play on words reffering to a vise, the tool that squeezes/holds/grips and doesn't allow something to move around....

:sleep: Sorry, I didn't like those 2 names as much as some of the others out there. Maybe if you changed the color in the names it would probably rock. :rocker:

The Teal Giants, The Teal Machine, and Miami Vice.:band:

Oh, here are another 2 for you.

1) The Teal Curtain
2) The Teal Ones
C) The Teal Miami Vice... yeah baby! :bling:

Here are a few of my own:

The Aqua Shield
The Wall
The D-Fins

Quick, somebody find the other 8 threads about this subject.

I thought we agreed upon 'Shock and Aqua' and 'The Bates Motel'. :)

Miami Vice doesn't sound bad after all, after learning the definition of vise. BTW I alread new about the show but didn't understand what the show had to do with the name. Thanks for the clearup.

I kinda of like...someone posted before..."The Miami Pound Machine" thats pretty good...I do like "The shock and aqua"

Vise would be better....as in grip!!

but I ain't going no further on this now. I'm reserved to the fact that (besides finishing at #3) they have to "show me the money" in a big way. Rankings ain't squat, particularly if we can't even make the playoffs. Sorry, I love this team to deathm but they have some things to prove to me, make that alot of things, before i can get all giddy about them again.

Com'on, bring on the season already !! Odds are that sooner or later, this bunch of slackers will put it all together and prove me wrong !! I sure hope it's sooner than later!! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom