Merged 2x: Article on Andrews / PFT Gets It Wrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Article on Andrews / PFT Gets It Wrong

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
Bad Article on Andrews...

Pro Football Talk has a little article on Andrews under the rumor mill section...check it out.
After reading this, I don't think he is worth the risk of our first pick. What do you guys think.
I know it's PFT, so take it for what it's worth. PFT's Mock Draft also has us taking some CB (which to me kills the credibility of PFT or they know something we dont)
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

doesnt have good things to say about this guy

Andrews Blames the Cheeseburgers

PFT has an interesting article on Andrews.

The highlights are that he is visiting with Pittsburgh. He claims medicine caused his weight gain and that it is not a problem anymore.

He also claims that money problems made him gain weight. "I wanted to eat right, but, when you only have $2 in your pocket and double cheeseburgers are 99 cents each, you have no other choice."

There is also concern about why he missed the Independence Bowl, with scouts not buying the injury story since he didn't even travel with the team.

PFT

Andrews also blames his girth on, of all things, the lack of money to buy nutritious food. "I wanted to eat right, but, when you only have $2 in your pocket and double cheeseburgers are 99 cents each, you have no other choice."
:nono:

doesn't he get free meals as part of his scholarship :hmmm:

That's the first time I ever visited the pro football weekly website and it's a piece of garbage. Nothing but childish, bigoted, homophobic ramblings and stupid speculation.

I love PFT, they give it the way they see it, none of this lovey dovey politically-correct garbage. They get a bad rap around here, but they are a good service. When they get a bogus report they are the first to admit their mistake, unlike ESPN et al who make their erroneous reports dissapear without a word of regret.

I like the way they always call people turds, and for the most part they are spot on.

They may not be right all the time, but they give you what they get and never sugar coat it, and have the b@lls to admit when they are wrong.

PFT is ok, but you definitely have to take them with a grain of salt...I'd love to know who their "sources" are because they can come out with some wild stuff. That said, just like any post on any site of that type, usually it is the opinion of person hitting the keys.

KFFL is similar, although they concentrate their efforts less on the rumors and more on factual stories. I kinda like them a little better for rumors too.

None of it is any groundbreaking news that we either haven't already heard or figured was going to happen all along, if you follow along closely enough...

I still think Andrews would be a steal at 20. This guy is a a top Olinemen, and that is what we need. I think we need to take him if he is there..........

I dont think PFT and KFFL are similar. KFFL just runs a bot program that picks up something anytime a bonafied journalist says something about a team or player etc. They always say "Alex Marvez of the Ft Lauderdale Sun Sentinel reports that...."

PFT is a rumor mill getting their stuff from unpublished, anonymous sources...who i find are wrong about half the time or more.

I can see what Andrews is saying though having experienced it myself in college. I found it hard to control my diet when I had no money to work with. Since I've begun working and have money to shop and stuff I've been able to control my diet a lot better. Plus, since Andrews secured the usual loans in preparation for the draft etc, he's been able to hire a personal trainer AND a chef to prepare his meals. Obviously the latter at least makes it faaar easier to control his weight, and when you're in college you don't have anything close to that luxury.

I agree with CKParrothead. WIthout money, my diet consisted of Noodles and rice. Not exactly a healthy meal.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I love PFT, they give it the way they see it, none of this lovey dovey politically-correct garbage. They get a bad rap around here, but they are a good service. When they get a bogus report they are the first to admit their mistake, unlike ESPN et al who make their erroneous reports dissapear without a word of regret.

I like the way they always call people turds, and for the most part they are spot on.

They may not be right all the time, but they give you what they get and never sugar coat it, and have the b@lls to admit when they are wrong.

To each their own, I guess.

But there is a difference between going against bureaucratic, PC attitudes and bigotry. If a columnist calls Michael Vick a spade, would that be ok? Personally, any columnist or writer who writes such foul things is not taken seriously to me. To me, it's just a wannabe Howard Stern, but at least the real Stern can be entertaining.

Andrews News

Not sure if anybody posted this yet. Pittsburg may have plans to take Andrews.

NFL | Andrews Down To 345 - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:39:14 -0700

Jerry DiPaola, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports NFL draft prospect Shawn Andrews (Arkansas) said his weight increased from 375 to 405 pounds after the season due to medication he took to reduce polyps in his nasal cavity. Andrews checked in at 345 pounds when he met with the Pittsburgh Steelers Tuesday, April 6.

who cares what he eats? as long as he puts dl's and lb's on skates, he can order everything on the left side of the menu for all i care. and in the league, it costs way too much money not to make playing weight, so i think andrews will be aite

I think this weight thing runs in his family. His brother's pretty heavy too. Still, he's got talent but I think he'll be gone anyway and I don't know that he's the best player for us. We already have Mack, St.Claire and now Randall too and I don't wanna play Anrews at RG. I can't see this guy pulling at 360lbs.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: Andrews News

Originally posted by dino56
Not sure if anybody posted this yet. Pittsburg may have plans to take Andrews.

NFL | Andrews Down To 345 - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:39:14 -0700

Jerry DiPaola, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports NFL draft prospect Shawn Andrews (Arkansas) said his weight increased from 375 to 405 pounds after the season due to medication he took to reduce polyps in his nasal cavity. Andrews checked in at 345 pounds when he met with the Pittsburgh Steelers Tuesday, April 6.

Nah, they're just window shopping. That said, it's not a draft day if the Steelers don't take an offensive lineman. :)

Back
Top Bottom