Merged 2x:Boy, does this make too much sense/SKOLNICK: So A.J. is no Jay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Boy, does this make too much sense/SKOLNICK: So A.J. is no Jay

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Boy, does this make too much sense

If people read this article and really think about it, you will have to agree. It's one of the best articles I've read about this subject and one of the most common sense ones too.

So A.J. is no Jay ... but is that OK?

I am totally sure Feeley can handle the pressure of replacing Jay he already has experience replacing Koy Detmer :goof:

very interesting pt. Ethan makes about Sage and why not Sage instead of Feeley since they were drafted the same year and Sage went in rd 4 and Feeley in rd 5 :hmmm:

That article makes me think we should have given Sage a shot.
I mean if 3 of our biggest offensive weapons have confidence in him why not? It would have saved us money, a draft pick and he is already familiar with our system.

I agree with a lot of what was said in the article. The Dolphins were desperate to replace Jay Fiedler but is the replacement really an upgrade? He is less experienced and his arm isn't great. I think having Fiedler and Rosenfels compete for the starting job and drafting a rookie (i.e. Phillip Rivers) would have been a smarter move, and if we did that, we would still have a second round pick in 2005!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
and if we did that, we would still have a second round pick in 2005!
but we would not have a 1st rd pick this year...

other than that, I probably w/have "settled" for Jay/Sage and Rivers. It is hard to reach any true judgement until we know who the 3rd man in this equation pans out to be

SKOLNICK: So A.J. is no Jay ... but is that OK?

"The Anybody But Jay lobby long ago voted Jay Fiedler out, and now that A.B.J. is getting its way, it's pointless to argue he should stay beyond his four-year term. If some so-called NFL genius, say Cowboys coach Bill Parcells or Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, elects to acquire him as a possible starter, that will speak plenty loud on his behalf. And if Norv Turner recruits him to Oakland, after the speculation that Turner had tired of Fiedler while Dolphins offensive coordinator ... louder still."

Link to the rest of article:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-skolnickcol24feb24,0,982025.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

Very good article ....

very good read, best one yet about our QB situation & AJ trade.

give Sage a chance. let AJ & Sage compete for the starting job & draft Rivers.

i agree.... first off i think feely is a downgrade.... second, i'd like to see jay and sage battle it out for starter with rivers as a backup.

oh well. another season down the toilet....

Originally posted by dolphan39
I am totally sure Feeley can handle the pressure of replacing Jay he already has experience replacing Koy Detmer :goof:

very interesting pt. Ethan makes about Sage and why not Sage instead of Feeley since they were drafted the same year and Sage went in rd 4 and Feeley in rd 5 :hmmm:

Interesting point, but under that logic, Todd Blackledge (picked 7th by Kansas City) was a better QB than Marino and Jim Kelly.

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan
Todd Blackledge (picked 7th by Kansas City) was a better QB than Marino and Jim Kelly.
Todd Blackledge was not a better QB than Jim Kelly :hmmm:

:stooges:

I've been a Jay supporter since the beginning, I blamed the offensive line for the majority of our QB problems. I watched every game and the vast majority of the snaps Jay took resulted in him running for his life. NO QB could be succesful in that situation. I fear that unless we address the O line, Feeley will be under the same pressure. I hope Jay goes someplace else and is succesful to prove it once and for all.

Turn the page.......

That's all this fan wants.

Back
Top Bottom