Merged 2X: Dolphins Sign J.R. Tolver/Tolver signed for 4yrs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Dolphins Sign J.R. Tolver/Tolver signed for 4yrs?

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Dolphins Sign J.R. Tolver

The Miami Dolphins today signed wide receiver J.R. Tolver, the second of their two fifth-round draft choices this year, to a four-year contract.

It's about damn time, good move on Tolver's part getting into camp.

but what i read about german so far the most important guy in smith is still a holdout, man hurry up u have a chance to play this year

It's all in the timing Wharf, After hours of stratigicaly planning I managed ot be able to time my post to the millisecond that the news would reach the masses and ................... Oh nevermind I haven't taken my meds today. :D

I expect the others to sign really soon. Remember, the big deal was about the Trifecta of holdouts, and them using each other to negotiate?

This'll be a good battle to watch play out. I hate to say it, but unless OG gets in shape...and I mean FAST....he may get bumped for fresh hands. If Tolver looks as good in pads as he did in the mini-camps, we may be looking at another OJ McDuffie. I hope...

GO FINS!!

Spielman is doing an awesome job. I read a report about the saints this morning. They signed their number 2 (stinchcomb) to a four year and the following picks to a 3 year. We've got our number 2 for 5 years and now the following picks at 4 years. Now if they just have talent....?.....?....

Wharf,

I liked what was underneath that report you mentioned.

"PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Takeo Spikes needed no prompting to show his enthusiasm when he arrived at his first Bills' training camp.

Walking up the stairs to the team's headquarters alongside fellow starting linebackers London Fletcher and Jeff Posey, Spikes called out to a group of reporters.

"Here are the three best linebackers in the league," Spikes said. "Print it, fax it, write it, photocopy it. This is where it's at."

It was a fitting and highly anticipated entrance for the newcomer getting a new start after signing with Buffalo last March following five losing seasons with Cincinnati. "

Isn't that sort of like a convict getting out of jail, paying the first whore he comes across, and then saying it was the best sex in the world ?

So I see he signed a four year contract....I don't think it is right for Speilman to make these guys sign for four years when everyone else is signing for three, it is going to make players in the draft not want to be Dolphins in the future because of how Speilman is handling things. He is very good, but making these guys sign for an extra year isn't right. I bet Tolver tried to get 3 years at market value and Speilman said no.

Ice,

I'm a teamster. Which affiliation are you ? You got to be a union member. :lol:

And don't worry about the future because the future is 4 year deals for rookies. Daniel Snyder made sure of that. It's the way these negotiations are going and we are ahead of the curve.

All I gotta say is look at the Jets. They lost Lavernious Coles right as he was coming into his best years...why? Cuz they only signed him to a 3 yr deal. They also lost Chad Morton for the same reason. Spielman is just thinking ahead. And believe me, these guys coming out of college are just happy to be in the NFL. they may not like the deal but they don't have a choice on who picks them. If they did, the Bengals woulda folded years ago..LOL

Re: Dolphins Sign J.R. Tolver

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
The Miami Dolphins today signed wide receiver J.R. Tolver, the second of their two fifth-round draft choices this year, to a four-year contract.

It's about damn time, good move on Tolver's part getting into camp.

This is nothing more than a gut feeling on my part, but I think this KID is going to be the next OJ McDuffie.

Oliver...

Who wouldn't wanna stay on this talented team for a good 4 years? ;)

Back
Top Bottom