Merged 2X: Dolphins Sign J.R. Tolver/Tolver signed for 4yrs? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Dolphins Sign J.R. Tolver/Tolver signed for 4yrs?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
So I see he signed a four year contract....I don't think it is right for Speilman to make these guys sign for four years when everyone else is signing for three, it is going to make players in the draft not want to be Dolphins in the future because of how Speilman is handling things. He is very good, but making these guys sign for an extra year isn't right. I bet Tolver tried to get 3 years at market value and Speilman said no.
I was thinking that way a little bit when I read in an article reciently that after we signed one of our late round pics (Jenkins??) to a 4 year deal, the NFL player's association sent out a memo to all agents telling them this is not a wise thing to do.

The difference to us is HUGE though. Not only do we lock our players up for an extra year, the salary cap number will be way below market value for any player that lasts on our team for 4+ years. And if not, cut 'em or renegociate.

My vote for team MVP this year is Speilman! :)

Originally posted by Dude

I was thinking that way a little bit when I read in an article reciently that after we signed one of our late round pics (Jenkins??) to a 4 year deal, the NFL player's association sent out a memo to all agents telling them this is not a wise thing to do.

The difference to us is HUGE though. Not only do we lock our players up for an extra year, the salary cap number will be way below market value for any player that lasts on our team for 4+ years. And if not, cut 'em or renegociate.

My vote for team MVP this year is Speilman! :)

Donald Lee was the guy who signed the 4 year contract. I think Jenkins got 3 years.

Which is why I continually tried to point out that Jenkins circumstances (age, ect) were the reason he got a 3 year deal. I'm not saying this proves me correct. But it does add some credance to the claim since it seems every draft pick except Jenkins will sign at least 4 years.

BTW

The linemen better get to signing or they might not have a career.

Quote of the day

'It is discouraging. I want to see them. Selfishly, you want them here because they might have a chance -- and I use the word `might' -- to help our team. The second reason is you'd like them to be here so they have the best opportunity to compete. It's all part of the deal. For guys in the third and fifth round to be holding out, that's somewhat unusual. Usually it's first-round guys. [With] guys that aren't assured a roster spot, it doesn't really make a lot of sense.''

-- Wannstedt, on the team's unsigned rookies, offensive linemen Wade Smith (third round) and Taylor Whitley (third

Last edited by a moderator:
Zod, Spikes is really ****y. I hope we beat the living sh** out of the Bills this year.

Originally posted by marcusreal
Zod, Spikes is really ****y. I hope we beat the living sh** out of the Bills this year.

there just jealouse cus everyone is picking the fins now. :lol: :lol: :lol: But i give spikes credit. its not how good you are any more, its how good you are and how you talk to the media like they owe you somethin. any reporter who hates teh phins will run with that sentiment by spikes cus it flies in the face of the fins.

Back
Top Bottom