Merged 2x: Dolphins to host OT Solomon Page | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Dolphins to host OT Solomon Page

Hmmm I wonder what the deal with Randall was? Money?...attitude?...a hidden injury? Not familiar with Solomon Page's career...I'm guessing he's not that great :confused:

man, i hope we sign Solomon Page.....Not sure how hes done lately but he had some very solid years with the Cowboys!!!! this would be a great move!!!!!!!!

Sign Page!

Frank Coyle has Page listed as 15 linemen BETTER, yes BETTER than St. Clair. Also, for comparison sake, four ahead of Bobbie Williams. 21st out of 47 free agent linemen.

Listed as 6'-5", 325, he's played RG and both tackles. I thought we should have looked at him last year when we were trying to find a LT. He signed a one year deal with San Diego looking for a big year and thus a big paycheck. Instead he got a high ankle sprain and limped through the year. Had four good years with Dallas but never the one breakout year for the good paycheck.

Kiper has him listed as 16th out of 31 guards and says this is a "crossroads" year for him.

In my opinion this would be an excellent pick-up. Fits the profile of younger guys coming into their own which RS has been building with. Also he is versatile which allows us to look at either G or T in the draft knowing that the other is well covered. My question is will he want to sign for likely at or near the minimum on a team where all he will do is compete for a starting job and not have a lock on one?

sign as many as you can, a big net of fish you will find a couple keepers

"Two NFL personnel men from the AFC recently said Miami's work along the offensive line is commendable for its intentions but unlikely to yield great change unless further additions are made.

The Dolphins know more work must be done, but Spielman points out the offseason isn't over while still defending his acquisition of St. Clair and McIntosh."

I think this O line is coming together, and i like the picture that is forming.

I'd like to sign him for his versatility. With the right side being a question mark we have to be flexible over there just in case Andrews isn't around in round 1 & we have to take a guard. I'd actually prefer this scenario where we trade down, get another 3rd & draft either Carey/Grove/Smiley.

I have a good feeling if the meeting went well we will sign him before the draft. I think we can sign this guy for the vet min.

the knock on him in dallas i heard was lots of talent and athleticness but a really bad work ethic. if we can get him cheap, its probably a good gamble.

Here's some info according to Scounts Inc.

Soloman Page
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 325

Grade: 64
Insider Analysis: Page's background is at tackle, but he has spent the last two seasons at right guard. He has all the athleticism, size and balance a team could ask for. Quick and plays with leverage. Has long arms, good initial burst and proper footwork. Rolls his hips, gets good pop and is explosive at the point of attack. Has the feet to pull, trap and get to the second level. Can be left on an island in pass protection. Will redirect and handle most speed rushers. Rarely overextends or gets out of position. Can mirror and slide. Has enough strength to handle power rushers. Concerns all have to do with effort and attitude. Seems to drop into cruise control a lot. Can be dominant, but he might be the type who will wear out a coach. Page is a frustrating prospect for coaches and scouts alike, but there definitely is potential there if someone can coax a consistent effort out of him.

Seems like one of those guys who's a headcase but with tons of potential...sound familiar? (Ricky,Boston)

Sounds like another marginal offensive lineman.....perfect to fit in with the other 8 marginal players we have there. God forbid that we get any studs on our OL....it would completely screw up the chemistry of the unit.

We have one stud in James. Smith is a potential stud in the pass protecting aspect of it.

Back
Top Bottom