Merged 2x: Dolphins to host OT Solomon Page | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Dolphins to host OT Solomon Page

With what is availible and the cap we have to work with i would not mid signing him to a cap friendly contract. Dolfanreal69

I wouldn't say Soloman Page has "marginal" talent...in fact if you read the report it says nothing negative about his playing abilities. The negative on this guy is his work ethic and attitude. Can he grow up and start playing to his great potential?? That's the question Spielman must take into account.

Originally posted by SMadison29
We have one stud in James. Smith is a potential stud in the pass protecting aspect of it.

But we still have some fems in Whittley and in some guys they are considering bringing back, lets get rid of them!

Originally posted by SMadison29
We have one stud in James. Smith is a potential stud in the pass protecting aspect of it.

From what I've read and seen, Jeno James is going to be a good, solid player for us for a while.

In all fairness, I saw nothing in Wade Smith last year that made me think this guy could ever be a dominant pass blocker (even excluding Dwight Freeney). Unfortunately, I think Smith will be another reach from the Wannstedt era. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

The rest of the offensive line is still a mess. Spielman BETTER take Shawn Andrews, Vernon Carey, Justin Smiley or Jake Grove. Those guys are potential studs.

I wondered why his name was never brought up in visits to any team especially ours. Hes a pretty good player who is versatile. Better than Randall in my opinion.

Here's his ESPN player page:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4705

6-4, 325. Plays both guard and tackle. From what I've read about him, he's got lots of potential (or tremendous UPSIDE, as Hubie Brown would say), but is a career underachiever.

If they're bringing him in, there's a good chance that negotiations with Greg Randall have stalled.

Page's background is at tackle, but he has spent the last two seasons at right guard. He has all the athleticism, size and balance a team could ask for. Quick and plays with leverage. Has long arms, good initial burst and proper footwork. Rolls his hips, gets good pop and is explosive at the point of attack. Has the feet to pull, trap and get to the second level. Can be left on an island in pass protection. Will redirect and handle most speed rushers. Rarely overextends or gets out of position. Can mirror and slide. Has enough strength to handle power rushers. Concerns all have to do with effort and attitude. Seems to drop into cruise control a lot. Can be dominant, but he might be the type who will wear out a coach. Page is a frustrating prospect for coaches and scouts alike, but there definitely is potential there if someone can coax a consistent effort out of him.

That from Scouts Inc.

Shots in the dark. Toss enough **** on the wall and some of it will stick.

I have a suspicion Page could be a high value signing. This is worth following.

Back
Top Bottom