MERGED 2X: Larry Chester is a Beast! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Larry Chester is a Beast!

Chester can bench press over 700 pounds. Last year Gamble let him do 680. And Chester did it easily. He's in the Larry Allen echelon as far as freak strength goes.

Muck said:
Just what the doctor ordered: an improved interior pass rush.

well, i dont know if it will dictate a better pass rush as much as it will dictate that he will be on the field more often. in our design, he is to take up blockers so maybe it dictates that he makes better tackles and people dont get passed him.

I just wanted to make this point to everybody. In his article, it was said he had slept better and more energetic, yadda yadda yadda. I have sleepapnea or have had it for about five years now. the main reason for it is your fat content around your neck where the apnea is. 1 out of every 4 men have some kind of sleeping disorder. sleepapnea is the biggy since 70% of sleepapnea patients happen from overweight issues. your sleep effects your metabolism. your metalbolism affects your risk of heart disease, diabetes and other such diseases. once you lose the weight, you get better but it takes alot of work to get back to where you were. in other words, you have to keep at it even long after your initial progress. in other words, this isnt just a problem for a football player, but for a guys life long after football. it kind of scares me that he is turning over tires that huge when he is in transition. i think he knows what he is dealing with as far as his body is concerned at this point. but a heart attack or some kind of heart pressure is something to consider even if he is still relatively young. African Americans also have more risk of high blood pressure.
I dont want to scare anyone or downplay his progress. Im sure he educated himself to the point where he scared himself into realizing this isnt just about football. Im pulling for chester for not just to sovel his wieght problem, but realize that long after football, if he goes back to his old eating habits, which is too easy to do once your out of football, that he continues to work hard at losing/keeping weight off for the sake of his life.

Back
Top Bottom