MERGED 2X: Negativity | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Negativity

juniorseau55 said:
Excuse me, if the same people who talk about the Greatness of the Front Office, Jay Fiedler and many others would just hold their horses because the facts out there go against every statement that is followed up by this comment. While the negativity that I give and others is bad, its just as bad to have posters who don't know the facts of the game. We aren't a great team, we are a horrible team that has not made the playoffs in 2 years. We are the most overated team in the league, every year we look good but we fail.
I think you make some great points. I believe Troy Aikman wrote an article about a couple of months ago in Sporting News that brings up some similar things. I believe the team is good, they've been competitive w/o having a re-building process for a long time now, but I don't believe we're as good as past magazines and other forms of publications have made us out to be. When you have this unsurmountable reputation to live up to, it makes the letdown that much bigger and dissapointing. I think so many people, I've been guilty of this as well, read all of the mags that predict Miami to be in the SB, we pump ourselves up so much that we're ready to put a gun to our heads when it doesn't happen. I don't rave about the front office or their decisions, but I try to keep a positive attitude about things (positve attitude doesn't equal gumming the proverbial front office knob) and try to just be a fan. I think being a fan has so many different interpretations (sp) that my defintion of a fan yours, or anyone's is the same, but that doesn't mean my version of a fan isn't any better than anyone else's. I want to see all kinds of opinions positive and negative, I just wish to see an attempt for some of the regular negative people to at least bring up some positve things now and then. There is a time and place for everything. SO again, please bring things that are against the norm because this is a place of discussion but sometime try to look for that silver lining. (ok I know that sounded cheesy and cornball, but hey eff you :D )

Back
Top Bottom