MERGED 2X: Negativity | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Negativity

DolFinatic718 said:
blah blah blah

every team has holes

EVERY TEAM.

YOU TREAT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LIKE YOUR WIFEY. SURE SHE HAS FLAWS, AND THERE MAY BE SOMEONE BETTER OUT ON THE MARKET, BUT YOU LOVE HER FOR HER GOOD AND HER BAD.

Not every team is perfect, but some teams are closer to being perfect than others. I am a huge Miami Dolphins fan, I always have been, and I always will be, but I am not going to agree with every move we make and say that every player on our team is the best at their position and that we will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. This teams has some major problems and I am not going to refrain from talking about those problems. I do think that we have a good team, I just don't think we have a great team. Just because I don't agree with every move this team makes doesn't mean that I am not a fan and that I don't love this team.

"The personal rancor reflected in that remark, I don't intend to dignify with a response. However, I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativity."

George Clooney, in Oh, Brother Where Art Thou...

Will all of you..............

So called Dolphin fans stop beign so damn negative. We did nothing but get better on Offense and Defense! returning from a 10-6 season which was a couple of field goals away from being a 13-3 season. I really like our chances with Jay or AJ. This isn't to everybody Just the negative people!

Killa_B said:
So called Dolphin fans stop beign so damn negative. We did nothing but get better on Offense and Defense! returning from a 10-6 season which was a couple of field goals away from being a 13-3 season. I really like our chances with Jay or AJ. This isn't to everybody Just the negative people!

You took the words outta my mouth

Killa_B said:

Alot of people feel like you do, I'm glad more people are stepping up and voicing their displeasure with all the negativity that has plagued this awesome site.

We should respond to the journalist who post nonsense and negativity that alot of us pay money to read.

fin-atic said:
Considering Feeley's lack of experience, no offensive coordinator to speak of, and a patchwork line, us "negative people" have a lot more substance behind our comments than you "Super Bowl" predictors.

Give me a break. You guys are the blame.

This is pethetic, you are quite the hypocrite, you are just as bad as they are, you are the grand poobah of pessimism,:cap: the Sir Knight of Negitivity.:horsey:

Pot meet Kettle.

I understand that Feeley is inexperiance and I agree that some are going overboard with optimisim, but for everyone of those there is a "Feeley sucks" or "Feeley is nothing but a backup." When in reality no one knows what the final outcome will be, not you, not me.

No offensive coordinator? Again how do you know that this guy isn't capible of doing the job? You see that he's never been a OC before and you're scared he may fail, so you choose to pass judgement on him and he hasn't even called a play yet. :shakeno:

Patchwork line, well what can you do besides hold a gun to Tate and Woody's head and hold their families hostage until they agree to play for the Fins.
I agree the line is not exactly stable, there is a 2nd year player at LT who got schooled at times last year, but who's to say he won't improve with the added weight and a year of experiance? I hope he does. Jeno James is an upgrade on paper, then you have Mckinney Carey and ________(fill in name here).

To me the OL is the biggest of concerns.

As far as the "negative people" having more substance behind there opinions, well that's just ridiculous, the pesimists embellish just as much as the optimists can.

Where you lose crediblity with me is (not that you care), is that there are some unknown issues with the team such as OC, OL and QB and instead of taking an objective look at it you choose to only see the possible downsides. You crucify people that are overly optimistic as you try and ram your narrow minded opinion down their throats.

Don't confuse objectivity with your perception of reality, because as blissfull as the optimist is in what he/she views as reality, you are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. You would rather wollow in a quagmire of Hopelessness crying "whoa is me, for I am a discouraged Dolphin fan who sees the true darkness of despair." There is no possiblilty of success because the people YOU deem as untalented or inexperianced have absolutely NO chance of improving or learning.

Nobody is born to be a QB or OC or anything else for that matter, Holmgren Martz, Shannahan, Parcells, Biileck Bellicheck, Shula, Laundry, Walsh, were all position coaches at one time, there isn't a magic light around them that shows that they are special.

When the 49ers hired Walsh and drafted Montana they didn't KNOW they would become a dynasty! They hoped they would have success, and they liked what they saw, and it worked out, but if it didn't guess what? We'd ALL be laughing at the ineptitude of the 49er franchise.

Maybe Feeley will bomb, Maybe Foerster will be the next Kippy Brown, or maybe we have a couple of gems but how in the Fu#k do you know unless you give them a chance first! No one is asking you to blow sunshine up our a$$es on every post but hell get some objectivity, I'd give you a few bucks to buy some if it were possible.

You know what? hind site is 20/20 but foresite is luck and personal opinion.

And for the over optimistic superbowl predictors, just switch it all around and it applies to you as well.

:goodnight

Sorry but why are we going to be better?
Please provide facts not speculation.

Because I have a roster of facts of why we have reason to be sceptical.

I will save you some time:

AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.

Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.

OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.

WR-Boston in trouble already

Coaching- Has missed playoffs in the last two years, disarray in staffing and decisions.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be sceptical.

Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

DolFinatic718 said:
Alot of people feel like you do, I'm glad more people are stepping up and voicing their displeasure with all the negativity that has plagued this awesome site.

We should respond to the journalist who post nonsense and negativity that alot of us pay money to read.

There's a reasonable amount of negativity to be had in forums I guess.............but this site is starting to grow eerily similar to that of finforum.com ............which I left because all the negativity was downright madness and made being a part of a Dolphin forum as fun as having my nails ripped out.

<AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.>

AJ Feeley- 4-1 as a starter, got the Eagles a first round bye with no offensive weapons.

<Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.>

He's back at his natural position, back up QB, where he'll be one of the best back up QBs in the league.

<OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.>

Carey a proven dominant run blocker
Smith there's a guarantee that he will get better because he's stronger, & once he's healthy will learn to block speed rushers better after lining up against Taylor all camp.
McKinney has not made a significant impact in his starts? Did you watch the Jags & Giants game? He did damn well.
James may not be great but he's damn good & an improvement over Nails & Perry. After being rated the #2 guard in free agency.

<WR-Boston in trouble already>

How? Because he's actually hurt? It's May for Christ sake. His weight, how? Because he's only lost 20 pounds & not 30. Again it's May. Wanny is just trying to get the best out of him.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be anxious for a Super Bowl run.

fin-atic said:
Sorry but why are we going to be better?
Please provide facts not speculation.

Because I have a roster of facts of why we have reason to be sceptical.

I will save you some time:

AJ Feeley-5 NFL starts, 8 College starts. Never beat a winning NFL team and threw a pick in every game.

Fiedler-Has ranked in the bottom mid to bottom half of the league in all major stats, injury prone chokes in big games.

OLine-Carey unproven, Smith promising but rocky year, no guarantee he improves, McKinney has not made a signifigant impact in any of his starts, James good but not great.

WR-Boston in trouble already

Coaching- Has missed playoffs in the last two years, disarray in staffing and decisions.

Those are all facts. I think we have reason to be sceptical.

Besides is a fan forum what do you expect. If you sissys can't handle it go to the Sponge Bob forum.

I think he is trying to say how much have we LOST from last year, when we were in no way a bad team. You question some of the additions we made but even if say Feeley dosn't pan out, you still have Fiedler who had us damn near the playoffs even though he missed some games.

Its a forum, they all tend to be negative no matter what the subject is. Let it be TV, Pro Wrestling, or Football. Its how they are because only the people who want to say somthign actually post. All the fans who are happy dont care enough to post.

----------
Go Phins -- Perfect Season #2

Feeley is 4-1 agaisnt losing teams. What value is that? Enough to stake the year on? Enough that you can say with confidence he will be an effective upgrade. Very "iffy" at best.

How is Smith "guaranteed" to get better. I mean think about your verbage here, guaranteed?????

Carey proven run blocker...in college. All he has proven in the pros is that he can find his way to camp. Remember Tony Mandarich???? College means nothing now.

See what I mean?? There is no history, stats or facts to support we will be better. Yet you guys keep posting this crap. Then you call us "negative" posters out on the carpet. Unreal.

It's all just talk. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

People can type until their fingers fall off- it doesn't matter. We all shall see who is right or wrong, negative or not, soon enough.

How many so called experts have stated opinions that have come back to haunt them? Many I suspect.

September can't come soon enough.

:D
_

I don't think anyone in here remembers the "Jay Fiedler can go to the Hall of Fame thread". I'm sure fin-atic remembers that. During that time we were the
only realistic people in this board to bring nothing but facts and truth instead of jeers and cheers about the crap that we develop from this organization.

Yes I'm sure you and fin-atic were the only true "crusaders of truth"

Everybody else thought Fiedler was going to the hall of fame.:shakeno:
Please keep going you're proving my point as you type.

Back
Top Bottom