Merged 2X: No Penalty For McGinnest?/Taunting Rule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: No Penalty For McGinnest?/Taunting Rule

Jay2Chambers

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why Did The Colts Not Get A Fresh Set Of Downs

I dunno if anyone touched on this yet, but after that goaline stop, Willie ( I think it was him) WAS RUNNING DOWN THE FIELD WITH HIS HELMET OFF, 15 yards (so half the distance) and a first down. Did anyone else notice this.....the bengals can get called along with every other team, but the referee darlings of the NFL can just get away with it, it's wonderful!

Re: Why Did The Colts Not Get A Fresh Set Of Downs

Originally posted by Jay2Chambers
I dunno if anyone touched on this yet, but after that goaline stop, Willie ( I think it was him) WAS RUNNING DOWN THE FIELD WITH HIS HELMET OFF, 15 yards (so half the distance) and a first down. Did anyone else notice this.....the bengals can get called along with every other team, but the referee darlings of the NFL can just get away with it, it's wonderful!

It was a post possesion foul, if it was called and just so you know it was Mike Vrabel who took his helmet, the most that could have happened was the Pats pushed back half the distance to the goal line but the Patriots would keep the football, so it made no diffrence in the out come of the game.

Re: Re: Why Did The Colts Not Get A Fresh Set Of Downs

Originally posted by pats4life

It was a post possesion foul, if it was called and just so you know it was Mike Vrabel who took his helmet, the most that could have happened was the Pats pushed back half the distance to the goal line but the Patriots would keep the football, so it made no diffrence in the out come of the game.

that's not what happened when dwayne rudd took his helmet off in the KC-cleveland game last season. KC got possession, plus 15 yards...they kicked a FG for the win

NO NO NO MVP, Are you not aware that the rules that apply to the rest of the teams in the league don't apply to the Patriots?!?!?! What kind of fan are you anyway!! lol :)

Re: Re: Re: Why Did The Colts Not Get A Fresh Set Of Downs

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

that's not what happened when dwayne rudd took his helmet off in the KC-cleveland game last season. KC got possession, plus 15 yards...they kicked a FG for the win

Diffrece in that play that it was ongoing, if I recall it was a INT being returned by the browns and play was not over when Rudd took his helmet so it was during the play, while the Patriot player took his helmet the play was over so it became a post possesion foul.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Did The Colts Not Get A Fresh Set Of Downs

Originally posted by pats4life

Diffrece in that play that it was ongoing, if I recall it was a INT being returned by the browns and play was not over when Rudd took his helmet so it was during the play, while the Patriot player took his helmet the play was over so it became a post possesion foul.

YESSIR, you are correct!

When Dwayne Rudd took his helmet off..the play was still going on...what happened in the Pats game was after the play ended...Pats ball...should have been penalized half the distance...did not...nor should have not decided the outcome

Originally posted by Jay2Chambers
NO NO NO MVP, Are you not aware that the rules that apply to the rest of the teams in the league don't apply to the Patriots?!?!?! What kind of fan are you anyway!! lol :)

I got my information from the Head of NHL officating here is the link if you want to read the article.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/6885774

you guys say you watch football but dont even know the simplest rules.

This from Pro Football Weekly......

"dave (DC): whats up guys?? after mcginest's big stop against the colts a LB can clearly be seen taking his helmet off and running down field... ALA dwayne rudd and the browns shouldnt this have resulted in a personal foul and another set of downs?? help me out here!!

Andy Hanacek: (5:47 PM ET ) Dave, I thought so too, and I've seen it happen a bazillion times since the Rudd fiasco. The NFL is so stringent on so many rules, that I can't believe half the time when the officials don't see this happening or simply don't throw the flag. It's amazing to me that something so simple to penalize is often overlooked."

This happened when the Pats were still on defense. This should have been half the distance to the goal and an automatic first down for the Colts. Why didn't it get called? I'm not saying that the Refs are on the Patriot's side, but it was extremely lucky that this didn't get called. I'm only starting this thread to show that we Dolphin fans are NOT whining and making excuses, but are actually confused as to why this didn't get called......

Very interesting. So since it was after 4th down, then it doesn't count for THAT play? It is counted on the Pat's next play? Very odd call I think. I swear I've seen it called the other way though......

it was 4 down....the ball is turned over on downs...its Pats ball.
if a flag was tossed it would still be 1st and 10 Pats the ball was
on the 2' line when the colts lost the ball on downs.The ball would
be moved to the Pats 1' line 1st and 10 pats

Back
Top Bottom