Merged 2x:Wanny's Training Camp Preview: 2004 Team Overview And The AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Wanny's Training Camp Preview: 2004 Team Overview And The AFC East

MDFINFAN said:
Some of the area you guys though about this offseason is what he focus on and the other teams in the division and what he thinks their strong points are:

Training Camp Preview: 2004 Team Overview And The AFC East

Not a bad read, but I doubt the authenticity very much... I don't recall hearing "Standpoint" in there even once! :roflmao:

I did note however that every other line in the beginning makes mention of the fact that we won 10 games and missed the playoffs.

phinphanphrommi said:
Not a bad read, but I doubt the authenticity very much... I don't recall hearing "Standpoint" in there even once! :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: Yea I noticed that too..I had to reread to make sure it was him..maybe this will be a special season...

MDFINFAN said:
Some of the area you guys though about this offseason is what he focus on and the other teams in the division and what he thinks their strong points are:

Training Camp Preview: 2004 Team Overview And The AFC East
""You can look at all three phases of the game – offense, defense and special teams – and look at some plays that we should have made in each of those areas that we missed. We are determined to make the most of those opportunities this year, and that's going to make a big difference." DAVE WANNSTEDT

Gee Dave, I'm glad you've decided to be determined to make the most of those opportunities this year, but I have to ask, Are you sugggesting that you weren't determined to make the most of those opportunities last year? And if not......why?:D

BlueFin said:
""You can look at all three phases of the game – offense, defense and special teams – and look at some plays that we should have made in each of those areas that we missed. We are determined to make the most of those opportunities this year, and that's going to make a big difference." DAVE WANNSTEDT

Gee Dave, I'm glad you've decided to be determined to make the most of those opportunities this year, but I have to ask, Are you sugggesting that you weren't determined to make the most of those opportunities last year? And if not......why?:D

I knew you would chime in, I don't think they weren't trying to get the some out of those areas, ie. they brought in more WR's, keep the same OL that got Ricky 1800 yards the year before..brought in T. buck, and brought in Charlie Rogers and resigned our old putter. What happened..ed perry injuried, ST ace Rogers wasn't so special..D missed tackles left and right, and we couldn't throw and the OL regressed terriblely..So they've addressed those areas with different personnel and will try again..What would you have done and what would you do, now that you also have the benefit of hindsight.

MDFINFAN said:
I knew you would chime in, I don't think they weren't trying to get the some out of those areas, ie. they brought in more WR's, keep the same OL that got Ricky 1800 yards the year before..brought in T. buck, and brought in Charlie Rogers and resigned our old putter. What happened..ed perry injuried, ST ace Rogers wasn't so special..D missed tackles left and right, and we couldn't throw and the OL regressed terriblely..So they've addressed those areas with different personnel and will try again..What would you have done and what would you do, now that you also have the benefit of hindsight.
Hey, all I'm saying is that sometimes listening to Wannstedt's excuses it sounds alot like a politician, same old promises, same rhetoric......every year....for me his message is getting stale

BlueFin said:
Hey, all I'm saying is that sometimes listening to Wannstedt's excuses it sounds alot like a politician, same old promises, same rhetoric......every year....for me his message is getting stale

I know, I was just waiting for your response, that's all..
:D

I'm just glad you weren't a Cindy fan...I was love to see you on their board for the last 10 years.. :lol:

I never knew Wanne was so asbolutely brilliant
Overall, I think the obvious thing is we have to find a way to win a few more football games.
:hitself:

dolphan39 said:
I never knew Wanne was so asbolutely brilliant :hitself:

Well normally 10 wins gets you in the playoff picture..not in this conference or division if you don't beat the right people, so to avoid last year, just win a couple of more..Sounds logical to me.. :D

Wannstedts preseason overview of Miami

Click here , read the article, and then come back here and blast Wanny for being optimistic.....:woot:

we already have a thread on this just today man...but ill post it here anyway! Holy Crap! can you talk about Optomistic VERY! lol...everything he says i hope happens

BlueFin said:
Yep, I hate hearing that they are going to try and improve in the areas that they had problems with last year.

I like hearing that the dolphins are going to suck. The Dolphins are going to have a bad oline. That they will miss the playoffs

I suppose he did open himself up with that comment, though I doubt he checks fan sites for the responses. Anyway, I expect DW to show optimism at the steps made in the attempt to improve the team. That makes sense. It doesn't mean fans who are outside the organization have to share the optimism. Of course if he guaranteed that the phins would destroy all opposition on the way to resounding SB victory I might think that a bit brash.

Back
Top Bottom