Merged 3X: Adam Meadows????/OL Help | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X: Adam Meadows????/OL Help

Should we try to get adam meadows this offseason?

• Yes, he would be a great addition to this offensive line

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • No, hes to old and washed up

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Meadows and Tarik Glenn were the 2nd and 1st round picks by Indy in 97 iirc, and as rookies it seems like Meadows played LT and Glenn played RT, and then they swapped spots from the next season on. So, in a pinch Meadows could play the left side, which could be said for Todd Wade, but I think Wade is the better run blocker of the two.

Blitz, a little off topic here......

But who's your second favirote team...?

I think you've got a secret woody for our fins :lol: , either way, it's nice to have you aboard bro. :up:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
I know I was off topic,...but this is a football forum isn't it?? :hmmm:

:lol:
Oh OK. My 2nd favorite football team. Hmmm........... Philadelphia Soul :tongue:

Meadows might be slightly better than TW and WS will improve a lot with the offseason program and a year under his belt. I don't need to see different tackles next year. Let's not forget the real weakness of our line is our interior G-C-G. Nails,Ruddy, McKinney, Perry just got pushed around all year long. That's where we need the most help!!! Let's get some big nasty road graders in there to protect the passer and pave the way for Williams.

Interior OL was definitely a weakness, but so was OT. Todd Wade played about the worst I've seen him play since he was a rookie, and Wade Smith WAS a rookie and looked like it...and he cost us games.

Smith MIGHT be better next year, I think it would be folly to actually count on it. But Todd Wade let blitzers and defensive ends blow right by him on their way to the quarterback.

One option I'm all for is signing Chad Clifton and letting him man the LT spot while Wade Smith continues to get his feet wet by playing at RT where the pressure is less. He has the leg drive and lower body strength to play RT and he is supposed to be building up his upper body strength considerably more this offseason so he should be fine there. A lot of people dismiss his ability to play RT but I'm telling you it is not strange for LTs in college to play RT in the pros at all, and at least one AFC GM said specifically that Wade Smith will be a good player some day and that had he drafted him he would have had him play RT for a few years then switch over.

I think you sign Clifton, you ensure better pass protection at both Tackle positions. You sign a Tait, you don't assure better pass protection at any tackle position. Sign Meadows, and you probably get better pass protection at RT, but no guarantees at Left.

unless we really sign brunell, because smith would be "LT" 1nce again :lol:

we need to fix the interior on our line, i know we have a free agent RT, but we need some nasty SOB who is physical and finishes his blocks, a guy like...... i have no idea actually, that anderson guy from the ravens would be good, but i think he is RFA as well, so we would have to give compensation, i saw that we could be interested in villerial (sp) from the bears, is he a physical guy ? because honestly i´´m tired of these finese guys, i want a POWER guy :fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Todd Wade was as weak last year as you made him out to be and Wade Smith did show his inexperience at some of the most crucial moments but considering how much tackle or little OL he's played IN HIS LIFETIME, his upside is huge. IMO the weakness in the interior was worse than any weakness at either tackle. If Brunell comes to town TW stays ans WS stays. At least with a better interior our QB can step up in the pocket. Which we almost never did last year.

Originally posted by angryphin
I don't think Todd Wade was as weak last year as you made him out to be and Wade Smith did show his inexperience at some of the most crucial moments but considering how much tackle or little OL he's played IN HIS LIFETIME, his upside is huge. IMO the weakness in the interior was worse than any weakness at either tackle. If Brunell comes to town TW stays ans WS stays. At least with a better interior our QB can step up in the pocket. Which we almost never did last year.

AMEN

Back
Top Bottom