MERGED 3X:Cowboys release Allen\Go after\Larry Allen released by 'Boys yesterday.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3X:Cowboys release Allen\Go after\Larry Allen released by 'Boys yesterday....

yeh lets bring his fat *** on in...he can provide the invaluable vet leadership. Teach all of our guys how to smuggle and distribute dope. Good career advise for the likes of James and McKinney....guys who probably arent going to get another contract.

Allen hasnt been able to pull effectively in a couple years, and is constantly battling with Parcells over his weight and attitude. And dont think he will come cheap....Allen has always been about the money. He will be looking for bonuse money and years.

He's a big mean dude, but he'll be too expensive for his age.

Larry Allen's success is owed to Hudson Houck. Houck made him what he is.

Ferretsquig said:
yeh lets bring his fat *** on in...he can provide the invaluable vet leadership. Teach all of our guys how to smuggle and distribute dope. Good career advise for the likes of James and McKinney....guys who probably arent going to get another contract.

Allen hasnt been able to pull effectively in a couple years, and is constantly battling with Parcells over his weight and attitude. And dont think he will come cheap....Allen has always been about the money. He will be looking for bonuse money and years.

Say what you want but he is a mountain of a man. He ripped off 43 reps of 225 at the pro bowl competition. He rolls in around 375+. That guy is a beast! Now if he was motivated imagine what he could do. He is exactly what we need. He will blow open holes - when you have a guy that big you don't worry about him pulling around end - you tell him to go straight ahead and knock some people out of the way! You move Hadnot to C and him to guard and you have UPGRADED the line in a big way. Give him the ability to make 3.5 through incentives (games played). He would cap off a great offseason - way better than picking up an injury prone Ashworth.

Larry Allen is the only active player who is the best of all time at his position.

He's a mauler but we'll see what Nick thinks....I'd be ok with us getting him for a 1 year contract.

Ozzy rules!!

Can you imagine if we signed Larry Allen, then drafted Jason Allen, to go along with Will Allen? My head would probably explode.

Didn't he coach the Redskins against the Dolphins in the January 1972 Super Bowl or was that yet another Allen?? I hope it isn't because I think he died a few years ago.

he is now my top free agent on my finradar. my wifes dad is a cowboy fan, along with my best friend. They are both very upset about losing Allen

id sign him 3 years, he is the piece we have been waiting for for our line

MooreNat89 said:
I believe Larry Allen played for Tom Landry...
Wasn't he in the Ice Bowl game?

We should sign his grandkids, not him

He didn't even play for Jimmy.

Lets sign Larry Allen...he is huge and we can use him. :tongue:

Disgustipate said:
Actually, I've been looking for the opinion of Cowboy fans, and I've yet to find one who shares your opinion. Most people believe he's still a pretty good player who can still dominate in the trenches, but has lost alot in terms of blocking on the move.

As a Cowboy fan I can say that Allen still can be a great player on any teams o-line. He was injured last year, and none of our backups could fill in the big hole left by him. I don't see Saban being interested mainly because of the money that he will be asking for. He wants to get paid, and I don't think you guys need to spend that much cap on an older veteran. If you want a short term fill in though, go ahead and spend the money.

shouright said:
Larry Allen is the only active player who is the best of all time at his position.

I think you can say the same thing about Ogden.

Back
Top Bottom