MERGED 3X:Heres the solution to your TV woes\videoconferencing possible? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3X:Heres the solution to your TV woes\videoconferencing possible?

dolphinzen

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Video conferencing for tonights game possible???

Open question to any finheaven members that are up on the latest web based video conferencing. Is it possible to point a web cam at the local tv cast of tonights game and have the members log in to see the game. If this can be done perhaps this is a feasible solution for us out of towners.

If it is possible lets have a party...I'll bring the chips:D

yes, it is definitely possible, but I'm not sure how many people would be allowed to log into one persons CPU. It would be easier to have somebody record the game, and then put it on the CPU for us to be able to download. That is definitely possible, and would be relatively easy, but not oo sure it would be legal.

dolphinzen said:
Open question to any finheaven members that are up on the latest web based video conferencing. Is it possible to point a web cam at the local tv cast of tonights game and have the members log in to see the game. If this can be done perhaps this is a feasible solution for us out of towners.

If it is possible lets have a party...I'll bring the chips:D

Yeah, unless they have a server that can handle that much tasking on the cpu your gonna have issues, not to mention bandwidth issues. If it were a couple people I'd say yes.

outlawd2u said:
yes, it is definitely possible, but I'm not sure how many people would be allowed to log into one persons CPU. It would be easier to have somebody record the game, and then put it on the CPU for us to be able to download. That is definitely possible, and would be relatively easy, but not oo sure it would be legal.

IMO as for legality I don't think it would be no more illegal than home made video clips.

Anyone a gotomeeting.com member I've listened to advertisements about this up in new york. I think with this service you use their server. Excuse my "tech incompetence" if this doesn't make sense.:(

That'd be sweet. Just sucks that I'm gunna be at Hermitage High's game, well not really... Cus I'm gunna be having fun and ish... but yeahhhhhhh. I'll be rooting the Phins on in my head the whole time.

In terms of ilegality, I don't think it would be anymore illegal than what the NFL is doing to us! I would do anything it took to see the game without worrying whether or not it was legal.

This isn't TOO illegal, illegal yes, odds of someone getting caught, slim if they're not dumb and do this once in a blue moon. Understand the NFL has the right to dictate who plays what game whether we like it or not. I could be of assistance if anyone needs help, but the games blacked out for me so I can't broadcast, but I would appreciate if someone did, so I'd do my best to help out anyone willing to do this, computer newb or not.

I would venture to say that there really isn't anything illegal about it as long as the person isn't charging any fees to show the game via webcam.

Don't tell anyone (LOL), but I stream the Miami Hurricane games each week for my fellow Canes fans (mainly for people overseas).

I live in NY though, and do not get the local KC or Miami channels. However if someone DOES live in an area where they are broadcasting the game and knows how to run stream video using Windows Media Encoder, please e-mail me and we could work something out.

I can get access to a couple servers that will provide bandwidth for almost 60 viewers. That probably is not enough... but it would help some people out at least.

If someone is interested in trying to help some people out... let me know!

My e-mail address is in my profile... since I can not post it here since I don't have at least 5 posts... LOL!

GO CANES!
GO DOLPHINS!
Josh

truedatt said:
Don't tell anyone (LOL), but I stream the Miami Hurricane games each week for my fellow Canes fans (mainly for people overseas).

I live in NY though, and do not get the local KC or Miami channels. However if someone DOES live in an area where they are broadcasting the game and knows how to run stream video using Windows Media Encoder, please e-mail me and we could work something out.

I can get access to a couple servers that will provide bandwidth for almost 60 viewers. That probably is not enough... but it would help some people out at least.

If someone is interested in trying to help some people out... let me know!

My e-mail address is in my profile... since I can not post it here since I don't have at least 5 posts... LOL!

GO CANES!
GO DOLPHINS!
Josh

someone in the viewing area please read above!!

ps Thanks Josh for the hookup even if it doesn't work out

awesome idea...email me if you have the game. I'm on ichat AV which is supposed to work with AIM also...thanks.

Back
Top Bottom