MERGED 3X: KFFL on Griese Injury / Griese Out Indefinitely with Toe Injury/Injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3X: KFFL on Griese Injury / Griese Out Indefinitely with Toe Injury/Injury

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
From KFFL regarding Griese's toe injury....

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

Dolphins | Griese Injured - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:23:34 -0700

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins QB Brian Griese (toe) suffered a sprained toe during the pre-season game against the Atlanta Falcons Friday, Aug. 22 and did not return to the game. The injury is not expected to be serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, hes wasnt tha mobile to begin with, so lets just hope he recovers quickly....

Quarterback Brian Griese left in the third quarter with an injury to his left great toe. Griese said he ''felt a pop'' when he planted his foot on the dirt infield. He left the stadium in a walking boot for precautionary reasons. Link

Damn dirt infield again...

Shouldn't be a big deal. Its not like he's a WR or RB he really doesn't have to have great mobilty. He looked pretty good last night.

Re: From KFFL regarding Griese's toe injury....

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

Dolphins | Griese Injured - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:23:34 -0700

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins QB Brian Griese (toe) suffered a sprained toe during the pre-season game against the Atlanta Falcons Friday, Aug. 22 and did not return to the game. The injury is not expected to be serious.

Yes let's hope so...
With the state of the OL we may need all 3 QB's this year.
Griese needs to be in that last Preseaon game. He missed unbelievably valuable time against the Coons. Every snap is crucial for a QB trying to learn a new system.

Just heard on ESPN that he has ligament damage and will miss atleast the last preseason game and might be out for an "extended period of time"

Griese Injury Update; Out Indefinitely...

As seen on FinHeaven.com

[ESPN] Miami Dolphins backup QB Brian Griese (toe) suffered torn ligaments in his toe and will be out indefinitely.

While this is very bad news for Griese himself; the way I see it, this makes Sage the 2nd stringer, and he was a better quarterback anyways. Not too sound mean or anything...

Here Sage chance and I guess Sheriff will stick around actice roster.

Wow...

I can not believe how unlucky the Fins keep getting. How many people now are or have been injured thus far in the season? After the reading the article, I also couldn't believe that Griese also had missed games due to head, shoulder, and knee injuries in his career. This might have been considered a sign of an injury-prone player.

GO FINS

I'm not suprised. Not because Griese is injured. I'm just not suprised that there was ligament damage. After he said he "felt a pop", I assumed the worst. Nobody ever "feels a pop" without something snapping.

Man, I was just starting to accept Griese on our team, I actually thought he started last night off pretty good. I have confidence in Sage, but the young has just not seem as many games as BG, here's to Jay not going down any time soon. Then again, this maybe our chance to test my theory that Sage maybe the next Tom Brady. But it's a 2 game turnaround before he starts looking like it. Hopefully we're in good position if he has to come in.

Back
Top Bottom