Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead

I personally care about it and really I'm not a big Dungy fan, nor am I a parent. But unlike when Favre lost his dad or his brother-in-law, this is an 18 year old son in a sudden tragedy. I can't imagine the pain. I don't know how it is where you live but everyone I know is talking about it, even people who don't watch football.

Quick Question: Do you think he'll be back to coach this year? I could see him taking a couple years off, and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

bg34 said:
It's on the bottom of ESPNNEWS..

and in all the papers this morning....Terrible tragedy for the Dungy family and at the worst time possibe for Coach Dungy...Our prayers are with you coach

Phinz4Life said:
Honest question:

How many of us will actually think about this beyond typing these "Best wishes to the Dungy family" threads?

I want to be honest and say that I really, deep down, don't care.
I have, when something like this happens football takes a step back.

Phinz4Life said:
Honest question:

How many of us will actually think about this beyond typing these "Best wishes to the Dungy family" threads?

yeah but you can say that about anythign like that. like when you say "merry christmas" to a stranger. like you really care if they have a merry christmas. or making smalltalk on the elevator with some guy. of course you don't REALLY care, as it doesn't really involve you, but courtesy is always a nice thing to do anything

Yes he wil coach this year. Anyone remeber when Joe Juerovicious lost his son but stil played a game after? Dungy will be back no later then playoff time. My oppion anyway.

kastofsna120 said:
yeah but you can say that about anythign like that. like when you say "merry christmas" to a stranger. like you really care if they have a merry christmas. or making smalltalk on the elevator with some guy. of course you don't REALLY care, as it doesn't really involve you, but courtesy is always a nice thing to do anything

I just don't like to say something unless I really mean it. I do appreciate not getting blasted for being honest, and I thank everyone for that.

Maybe I'll feel differently years from now, it's possible.

I found this article which mentions the myspace account..

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB113535799806030638.html?mod=todays_free_feature

One troubling sign was an apparent profile James created on MySpace.com, removed yesterday afternoon, that showed signs of anger and rebellion but not depression nor suicidal impulses. The Indianapolis Star's Mark Alesia gathers mostly similar accounts of James, though James's neighbors say his attitude turned sharply negative in recent weeks

I posted a couple times yesterday. I am still thinking about this and trying to make sense of it. I dont think Tony will coach after this year. I think he now will spend time with his family and watch them grow up and be around as a Dad.
I cant help to think maybe James was mad at his Dad for some reason, knowing his Dad is in the midst of this most likely Super Bowl season and this was a way to sabatoge him. He wanted attention I think. But when you are that young and possibly badly influenced by other kids, possibly drugs, you really dont understand and it is sad he couldnt reach out to many mentors he had and has known (mostly the football players).

Phinz4Life said:
Honest question:

Good point, not to say I don't care, because it is a sad story, but it certainly doesn't bother me. As someone else said, people die everyday, I don't mourn for them. Why should I do so for this kid? Death is a part of life, even if it isn't natural death, it happens everyday. Human beings can be vicious, to others and to self. That's just the way it goes.

I was thinking. Does any think he may have had a lot of money bet on his dads team? Whether it was to beat SD, or go undefeated? Maybe he bet more then he could afford and didn't want to ask his dad for help. That could lead to suicide.

Back
Top Bottom