Merged 4x: Dolphins Host Free Agents Sammy Morris and Bobbie Williams/Detron Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Dolphins Host Free Agents Sammy Morris and Bobbie Williams/Detron Smith

and are expected to soon do the same with fullback Detron Smith

Philadelphia right guard Bobbie Williams, who started 11 games in 2003, visited the Dolphins. Cincinnati also has shown a strong interest in signing Williams.

The Dolphins also hosted free agent fullback Sammy Morris and are expected to soon do the same with fullback Detron Smith. Morris and Smith are being considered for backup roles behind Rob Konrad after Femi Ayanbadejo signed Saturday with Arizona.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...mar10,0,180851.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Williams is a guy who we had targeted from the start. He's versatile - was an All Conference performer at RT for Arkansas and has played very nicely next to Jon Runyan at RG for the Eagles. He would be a very solid pick-up who we could put in at RT and then let one of the youngsters, Yates or Whitley battle for RG till McIntosh is ready, then slip Williams back inside to RG with Damian outside at RT.

I hate all this grasping for straws crap. Miami needs to make some moves by the end of the weekend. This includes Boston, finding a RG and RT. If Miami signs Boston, this opens the way for them to pick OL in the 1st round. There are no guarentees that the OL they pick in the draft will start this year. Miami needs to sign some players with experience then let the draft pick fight it out for the starting role.

RG - Bobby Williams

Any news on his visit? Cortract offer? Impressed? Not Impressed? Don't know if this has been posted but I'd like to know more details...if possible!!! If already posted...sorry!!!

If we do plan on still signing McIntosh with a new deal...and he needs surgery...Bobby Williams may be our best option!!!

Bobby Williams can also play RT from what I heard.

I would have liked to get Cosy Coleman at the RG spot but is he as versatile as Bobby Williams?

Is Bobby Williams and upgrade from Todd Perry?

I'm strating to get a little worried about our O-Line!!!

I'm strating to think that we may have to bring back T. Perry and maybe J. Nails...hopefully for much cheaper!!! I don't think we'll bring both of these guys back...but I would rather have J. Nails back if he can play RG...even though he's really a LG.

Any thought fellow FinFans???

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Boomer
Williams is a guy who we had targeted from the start. He's versatile - was an All Conference performer at RT for Arkansas and has played very nicely next to Jon Runyan at RG for the Eagles. He would be a very solid pick-up who we could put in at RT and then let one of the youngsters, Yates or Whitley battle for RG till McIntosh is ready, then slip Williams back inside to RG with Damian outside at RT.

yes, this is what seems crucial to me.
1) Get Williams
2) Start Boston negotiations and get his *** in here for a physical!
3) Start looking for who your T is going to be in the draft. i say drop down and get max starks. i dont care what any of you say.:D

Got to sign Williams. While we are fooling around with McIntosh, Brown and Salaam are likely to be taken. It is getting close to desperation time. Get off the dime and sign at least Williams.

Originally posted by Smacks
I hate all this grasping for straws crap. Miami needs to make some moves by the end of the weekend. This includes Boston, finding a RG and RT. If Miami signs Boston, this opens the way for them to pick OL in the 1st round. There are no guarentees that the OL they pick in the draft will start this year. Miami needs to sign some players with experience then let the draft pick fight it out for the starting role.

This aint straws were grasping at here. This is Plan D!:lol:

I dont think there would be any drop off from wade. He is not better or no worse but would be alot cheaper. How about signing a center and moving Mckinny to RG there are good Centers available Bober would be my choice.

Dolphins Host Free Agent Detron Smith

Who is he and why are we looking at running backs? Any clue?

The Miami Dolphins today played host to a free agent visit by running back Detron Smith of the Indianapolis Colts?

Dolphins Host Free Agent Detron Smith

Dolphins Host Free Agent Detron Smith official PR

Smith, 30, played the last two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts after having played the first six seasons of his NFL career with the Denver Broncos. Smith (5-10, 229) was selected to the AFC Pro Bowl squad as the special teams player in 1999 after leading the Broncos with 16 hits and a blocked punt on special teams. He was also named as the All-AFC Special Teams player by Pro Football Weekly. Smith was a third-round draft choice of Denver in 1996 out of Texas A&M.

Re: Dolphins Host Free Agent Detron Smith

Originally posted by njfinfan
Who is he and why are we looking at running backs? Any clue?

The Miami Dolphins today played host to a free agent visit by running back Detron Smith of the Indianapolis Colts?

We lost Femi so we are looking for a backup FB and ST player.

Back
Top Bottom