MERGED 4X: Phins Unsure On Freeman, Will Wait... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 4X: Phins Unsure On Freeman, Will Wait...

I like that position. They could see if the Mccardell thing comes to a head, also a trade might become open with someone like Rod Gardner a possibility.

But an NFL source said the Dolphins want to keep their options open in case a faster receiver becomes available through a trade or free agency.
Meaning if TB now releases McCardell.

I wonder if Tampa is going to release McCardell that they do it soon, or wait until the very last moment to screw him over.

YAHOO Sports-Dolphins: Freeman has a good workout

News
Free agent wide receiver Antonio Freeman worked out for the Dolphins on Tuesday. Dolphins' officials are still considering whether to sign the 32 year-old wideout. "He had a good workout, but no decision has been made," Dolphins' head coach Dave Wannstedt told the Associated Press. The Dolphins are desperately searching for a replacement for No. 2 wide receiver David Boston, who suffered a season-ending knee injury last week. Views
Freeman was reportedly in good shape and performed well. However, he has spent his entire career playing in the West Coast offense, which the Dolphins don't use. Team officials are expected to make a decision on Freeman soon.

Good decision? When he is signed in a day or two by Arizona or whoever, and Miami realizes that they need a WR and nobody is out there, then we will see how good a decision it is.

The guy is asking for the vet minimum. We can't offer him that? No cap hit if he is cut. Jesus Christ Spielman is clueless!

Also, your probably starting QB AJ FEELEY said he likes Freeman. Worked with him well in Phily. Why not bring in a guy your QB likes?!????? Football 101 here people!

Also, we need BOTH Freeman and McCardell. We sat around for 3 years waiting for McKNight to improve. I think Derrius Thompson is the second coming of McKnight. I have ZERO confidence in Derrius after what I saw last season.

And Kendall...........pretty much a rookie. A big, big VERY big roll of the dice with him.

This reminds me of last year and Richmond Webb. Sure, Webb is old, not the same guy he once was, and probably should retire. But when Dixon was lost for the year and Miami was FORCED to start Wade SMith...........why not offer Webb the vet minimum to back up Wade. To give Wade a spell here or there in a game to re-collect his thoughts. Or IF Wade was having a terrible day (ie vs Indy) to put in a vet who might do better.

BUT NO, Miami didn't feel the need to. Why offer Webb a 1-year vet minimum contract. I mean the guy sat out the year and did nothing. He had no other offers, it wasn't like he was going to hold out for any money!

Instead we threw Wade to the wolves. Got LUCKY he didn't get hurt since we had no back-up for him. And we let someone sit at home all year who could have probably helped us in some small, minor, capacity!

We are so Reciever clueless it seems. Remember last year, when we had all these hopes at wide reciever (FO) and how bad things turned out. We were scrambling around in week 10 or 12 to find someone, signed Oronde, he made 3 receptions, and we were stuck. Who got hurt last year in our receiving core that had us scrambling around? NO ONE. We just need we had horrible receivers. Newson sucked last year, he caught one nice pass, but dropped a TD in the Raven game, and that was the end of him. We have the same core, basically, but here's one things that's different. Now everyone in the entire league is fully aware of Chris Chambers, and they know about Randy Mac. Last year those guys were a little under the radar, not anymore. Oh, and by the way, we have No Ricky. Why we haven't pulled a trade is beyond me. We need someone intimidating, someone that defenses are scared of. If you tell Pat Surtain to go against Thompson, he'll laugh. A good corner laughs at recievers of his quality. I don't honestly feel a player like Thompson can overcome good corners. What's so special about him. Average size, Average Speed, ran horrible routes last year. And he is now starting for the second consecutive year.

Phins Unsure On Freeman, Will Wait...

what are we waiting for?there isnt going to be anyone better out there anytime soon.we need to sign freeman and get him in here..........unless we are going to make a trade,but i dont think we will.:billsbite

Why not sign him and if we can get McKardell too then our wr woes are over.

fish fan 4 life said:
what are we waiting for?there isnt going to be anyone better out there anytime soon.we need to sign freeman and get him in here..........unless we are going to make a trade,but i dont think we will.:billsbite
You are absolutely right.Other teams have noticed that Freeman is in shape :lifter: and are in need of WR help.After this weekend there will be injuries:astro: and teams will knocking on his door.:yikes:

Rick get him signed now:buttkick: .If other teams are interested it will cost you more later.:wharf:
If you sign him now there will still be enough cap space to sign McCardell if the opportunity presents itself.:yes:

We need both.:hug: Its time to cut some of the backup WRs we have to make roster space.:m83: (Tolver,Simmons,Bellamy etc)

Back
Top Bottom