MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand?

Something else he slipped on that nobody seemed to catch. He called nose tackle a core position, which is only core in a 3-4 or 5-2.

i was liking the jake long pick but would be happy with chris long....i think he's a stud...golston is good but chris long is the guy

sometimes i think. the way jeff ireland stated that he and parcells "have put smokescreens out" and then the "freudian slipup" and then the "we have fielded trade talks and some have called inquiring about trading up, next week things will heat up"...what if maybe matt ryan is the guy after all

he also said that you want to pick the guy with a lot of upside, adn since he said d i think gholston. he hass way more upside then chris

The Dolphins want to trade out of the 1st spot. With the Saints talking about moving to #2, the Dolphins are trying to play a game, if you believe anything going up to the draft, you are nuts. This is a scripted game. The Fins are just trying to win the game and get a quality football player and some extra picks.

Pillar of your defense for a (LONG) time. What fricking mind game. Ireland got what he wanted and that fock with our heads

Please be Chris Long, please be Chris Long...

Ireland said defense ??

just got done watching a clip of ireland press conference and he slipped and said that the number one pick has to be a defensive changing pick hmmmmmmm :err:

The Dolphins want to trade out of the 1st spot. With the Saints talking about moving to #2, the Dolphins are trying to play a game, if you believe anything going up to the draft, you are nuts. This is a scripted game. The Fins are just trying to win the game and get a quality football player and some extra picks.

Firstly, the Saints are in no way moving up to #2. They would have to give up too much to do so. They are only inquiring in order to extend due diligence in the very important draft process. Every team is doing such to waste no time on draft day. Once the clock is down to 3 minutes on any perspective pick, a trade must already be in process. There is not much time to waste when a team is on the clock, especially when a trade is considered.

Potential trades are made before the draft. Of course, no one knows exactly who is picking whom, so there is the process of 'wait and see'. But those potential trades are already done.....

That was NO smokescreen...

Sorry, but after watching video of Jeff Ireland's Press Conference, I honestly cannot buy that he was setting up a 'smokescreen.' He really and truly did 'tip the hand' of the dolphins draft. Did you see his face? He didn't even realize what he said. And how in the WORLD would such a smokescreen work, anyhow? If in fact Jake Long is the target, and this whole comment was 'planned,' what must Long be thinking right now? I just don't buy the whole 'deception' thing. I am convinced, after watching this, that we are going defense with this first pick. The Dolphins know who they want, that much is crystal clear, and my 'hunch' is that Gholston will be the choice, despite the fact that Chris Long has been my pick all along. I think passing up on Chris is a BIG mistake. This kid is incredible in all facets of the game, and I do believe that he is a franchise type of player that is a better DE prospect than Williams was two years ago. Anyhow, I think that Jeff Ireland just tipped the rest of the league off, (pretty stupid mistake), but let's be honest: If we ARE going defense, that still means that there are 3 players who could be the choice, and it still shrouds the pick in mystery; albeit that the fog is a bit thinner right now...Thoughts...??

Back
Top Bottom