MERGED: A New Name on the list: Rudi Johnson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: A New Name on the list: Rudi Johnson

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
a New Name on the list: Rudi Johnson

PFT (yeah, I know...) is reporting a rumored trade sending o-Gun to Cincy in exchange for Rudi Johnson...

I liked what I saw of him last year, but hadn't considered him as a possibility. At this point I'd rather play with what we have and lock up key players (Ogunleye and Chambers) at the same time. I think we still field a good team, and have a crack at names like Alexander and James next season...

xiidaen said:
PFT (yeah, I know...) is reporting a rumored trade sending o-Gun to Cincy in exchange for Rudi Johnson...

I liked what I saw of him last year, but hadn't considered him as a possibility. At this point I'd rather play with what we have and lock up key players (Ogunleye and Chambers) at the same time. I think we still field a good team, and have a crack at names like Alexander and James next season...
Not going to happen. Rudi is the Bengals future running back for years to come. They didn't get rid of Dillon for nothing.

Latest Rumour, Edgerrin James to Miami?

From PFT

OGUNLEYE TO CINCY?

At a time when we're getting flooded with rumors regarding possible trade scenarios involving Miami defensive end Adewale Ogunleye (including a three-way trade that would send Ogunleye to D.C., Edgerrin James to Miami, and picks and Travis Minor to Indy), we're hearing rumblings regarding a possible deal between the Bengals and the Dolphins centering on running back Rudi Johnson.

Johnson, a restricted free agent operating under a one-year tender, probably won't be retained by the Bengals in 2005, given the presence of 2004 first-rounder Chris Perry. But it would be very risky for the up-and-coming Bengals to dump 2003 workhorse Johnson.

Nothing likely will come of this rumor either, especially in the short term. But it's yet another possibility that should get thrown into the "what in the hell is going on?" hopper as we all wait and see whether the Fins will use a disgruntled defensive end as bait for filling the hole left by a departed running back.

I think Rudi becomes an unrestricted free agent next year...that may be a reason why they would want to shop him around and get something in return in case they lose him next year...and then the question would be...why would we want him for one year and take the chance of losing him next season? New long term contract...than a sign and trade? Who knows...I doubt this would happen but stranger things have happened this offseason to the Fins...(Like RW retiring)...so you never know!!!

Phinz4Life said:
Not going to happen. Rudi is the Bengals future running back for years to come. They didn't get rid of Dillon for nothing.

They also drafted Michigan RB Chris Perry in the 1st round. Not exactly a firm committment to Johnson.

i thought of him but thought "no way". thatz what i started a thread about chris perry. getting rudi would be great.

If we want a good rb we are going to have to trade ogun. If we want to win games with our defense then sign him! Personally, I think if the offense adjusts, (see open the passing game and run draw and sweeps with Minor), we should sign ogun and see what we have with Minor and Henry.

Sign Ogunleye, and let Robert Edwards have a chance to workout.

I immagine for the next 4 or 5 weeks that we will hear a "confirmed" rumor for just about every back up or crowed backfield running back in the league. The list has grown to what 12 possible names already. That being said, i'd take Rudi in a second, but no one is going to give us a "deal."

maybe we could trade ogun to the lions for the rights to barry sanders and a third round pick..

yeah lets waste ogun for a 36 year old former RB who hasn´t played in like ? 4-5 years ??? , that would be a great move...

He (Rudi)went to my high school. (Younger than me, of course.) I'd love that trade.

Al13 said:
yeah lets waste ogun for a 36 year old former RB who hasn´t played in like ? 4-5 years ??? , that would be a great move...

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. At least, I hope so.

AZStryker said:
I immagine for the next 4 or 5 weeks that we will hear a "confirmed" rumor for just about every back up or crowed backfield running back in the league. The list has grown to what 12 possible names already. That being said, i'd take Rudi in a second, but no one is going to give us a "deal."

Well said. So far we've heard the following names mentioned in rumors (and feel free to add any I've missed):
Edgerrin James
Marshall Faulk
Ahman Green
Michael Bennett
Onterrio Smith
Anthony Thomas
Najeh Davenport
Rudi Johnson
Justin Fargas
Stacey Mack
James Stewart
Terry Kirby
Trung Canidate

I'm not so hot on Johnson, personally. He is a big back and a fine between-the-tackles runner, but he's so slow that they time his 40 yard dash with a sundial. And the fact that the Bengals drafted Chris Perry in round 1, passing on more pressing needs, tells me that they aren't big believers either. I'd be happy if we somehow got him, but something tells me the price tag would be prohibitive.

Plus it's PFT, the Weekly World News of football reporting.

Back
Top Bottom