Merged: any news on Ricky Ray?/What about Ricky Ray? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: any news on Ricky Ray?/What about Ricky Ray?

Bobby Humphrey

I got cut
Reaction score
any news on Ricky Ray?

I want this kid bad, I think he could be our future. And I am not one to throw statements like that around. You will find in over a year as a finheaven member I have not named anyone our “future†before, but I feel that strong about this kid. I have seen him play several times, and think he is as good as advertised. (well, in Canada he is advertised well) anyways, anyone know anything about him at all? All I know is he was in for a work out.

He's working out for almost a dozen teams, Ricky and his agent will start negotiating with teams after the superbowl sometime. I wouldn't expect him to sign with anyone right away. Of all the teams that have expressed interest in him, Miami is the most likely one to offer him a real shot at starting, followed by Dallas.

He's in Green Bay working out for the Packers. Mike Sherman loves this kid, so it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't offered a deal before he leaves. It's good too, the Packers could trade up in front of Miami on draft day to grab Rivers otherwise.

There have been some high-profile CFL'ers to step into the NFL and have success. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot. Then we could have two guys named Ricky in the backfield. :)

His GM says he's at least two years away. But perhaps he has a vested interest in him being two years away.

6-3, 210 lbs.

Originally posted by Muck
His GM says he's at least two years away. But perhaps he has a vested interest in him being two years away.

6-3, 210 lbs.

Here's some more info on him:

Ricky Ray

What about Ricky Ray

Anyone hear anything about Ricky Ray's workout. Interested to know how he did. If he impressed anyone. I would rather see him than Sage Rosenfels only because he has been here for 2 years now and the coaches dont seem to have him in any future plans. If they dont plan on playing him I would like to see someone that at least has a chance to play. Also i like the fact that Ricky Ray played in Canada where its nice and cold, Which means he is used to playing in the cold which could help us when we play in buff and ny and new england

I would prefer to see Ricky Ray sign with a team that needs a QB. (Green Bay or Pittsburgh) This narrows down the number of teams of might draft Rivers in the first round.

We could try and deal Sage Rosenfels to the Raiders you know Norv Turner likes him.

I'd like to see Sage get the chance to start here. He's put in his time with the system and there's been nothin but glowing comments about him. His first year here he got here so late there was no chance to learn the system before the season started and once that started forget it. Second year we signed Brian Griese because of the Ray Lucas debacle...I think that was kind of a PR thing, they had to look like they were really making an effort to make sure we dont get Lucas'd all over again. Plus I'm sure they wanted to figure out if Brian could succeed in this system and be our future starter.

So up to this point Sage could have been the bomb in practice and it wouldn't really matter. I'd like to see him get a real chance, and I'm not convinced we need to go out and sign a Mark Brunell or Brad Johnson.

We could have a Ricky Ray and Sage Rosenfels compete for the start with a young first round QB behind them.

Heck the team in the Super Bowl this year the Panthers went into the season with Chris Weinke, Jake Delhomme, and Rodney Peete!

Remember the Ravens went into the year with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer.

If we want to find a guy with some trade value we have to start giving some people a shot at the job instead of going with Fiedler just cuz we've won games with him...he's the safe option and we know him but he's not very good.

To add to that point

Originally posted by ckparrothead
We could try and deal Sage Rosenfels to the Raiders you know Norv Turner likes him.

I'd like to see Sage get the chance to start here. He's put in his time with the system and there's been nothin but glowing comments about him. His first year here he got here so late there was no chance to learn the system before the season started and once that started forget it. Second year we signed Brian Griese because of the Ray Lucas debacle...I think that was kind of a PR thing, they had to look like they were really making an effort to make sure we dont get Lucas'd all over again. Plus I'm sure they wanted to figure out if Brian could succeed in this system and be our future starter.

So up to this point Sage could have been the bomb in practice and it wouldn't really matter. I'd like to see him get a real chance, and I'm not convinced we need to go out and sign a Mark Brunell or Brad Johnson.

We could have a Ricky Ray and Sage Rosenfels compete for the start with a young first round QB behind them.

Heck the team in the Super Bowl this year the Panthers went into the season with Chris Weinke, Jake Delhomme, and Rodney Peete!

Remember the Ravens went into the year with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer.

If we want to find a guy with some trade value we have to start giving some people a shot at the job instead of going with Fiedler just cuz we've won games with him...he's the safe option and we know him but he's not very good.

I remember a certain young qb who's team was all but ready to call him a 1st round bust because "though he had the skills, he lacked game making decisions" or something to that effect, it was also said that he was tentative, too cerebral, and not instinctive or physical enough to be a starter in this league yet.." "He still was a couple of years away", His coach and the fans were ready to give up on him until he became their last resort when their offense was tanking and they decided they needed a change.

ring a bell... none other than Chad Pennington.

Not saying Sage is even in his zipcode talent wise, but I think it's a shame that he wasn't given a fair chance to start, especially this year when both qb's were stinking up the joint.

I dont know if it's just me but everytime I catch Sage in action he just has this confidence about him....

I would be pissed if he goes to another team, ends up starting and putting up great numbers. Hopefully with Danny convicted on getting a new QB, he'll be given a fair shot at competing for the starting spot.

Back
Top Bottom