MERGED: Bad News for the Jets, Pace suspended 4 games | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Bad News for the Jets, Pace suspended 4 games

The Dolphins defense probably would have been a slight bit better, but Matt Roth is no slouch either. He didn't put up Pace type numbers(Roth had 5 sacks compared to Pace's 8), but he did pretty well in his first season at the linebacker position(used to play defensive end). Hopefully Roth continues to grow at that position.

Jason Taylor is a backup rotational player for us this year, and I bet the Jets would love to have JT as depth. Especially right now with Pace out and Gholston being counted on to step up.

I have been saying that Sanchez won't be as good as Jet fans think he will be, and Jet fans just laugh at me. Last year after the draft, I said Gholston would bomb and likely won't last long in this league. Again, I got laughed at, but now it seems I am getting the last laugh.

Calvin Pace is a lot better than Roth, hes more athletic and fluid and a better rusher. Pace is a complete OLB who can drop into coverage, play the run, and pressure the QB. He was a beast last year and will be a huge hole for us the first four games, but we probably aren't going far anyways this season with a rookie QB most likely starting. Plus we have holes still like at WR as J-Co is our only proven starting WR, our pass rush isn't that deep either if Gholston doesn't turn it around which I doubt.

And to be fair, Gholston and Sanchez are two completely different stories. One is a player that people fell inlove with because of his intangibles, his moxie, his passion for the game along with awesome talent on the field. Then the other is a guy who was inconsistent in college, shows flashes but people question his passion for the game or desire and went high because of his physical attributes and what he did at the combine.

I just know that LOTS of people thought that Gholston would bust, he was the boom or bust pick. He wasn't a safe pick in any regard, and whats funny is the selection was actually Mangini. The Jets scouting didn't have Gholston up there, but Mangini convinced Tannenbaum to draft him. The Jets actually wanted Matt Ryan pretty badly, would of selected him if he fell to 6. I never imagined that Gholston would of been as bad as he was last year, thought he would at least be solid. He just wasn't the same player I saw in college, just seemed slower probably because he was thinking too much and not just playing football which is what Rex is trying to do with him and limit the thinking and just have him attack. I hear Gholston is stupid and has trouble learning the defense, mangini had him doing a lot too like dropping back. I think rex is just going to play him at DE this season for the most part.

With Mark Sanchez, I think he'll at least be a solid starting QB. He may struggle at first, actually most likely will struggle because rookie QBs tend to do that. But I rather him get it over with now while we aren't contenders.
I bet you say whoever the Jets draft will be a bust every season, so its pointless.
Anyways I think Sanchez becomes a good QB because of his work ethic, his preparation, his desire to be great, his passion for the game, basically he has all the intanibles you want for a franchise QB. Also I loved what I saw out of him in terms of throwing the ball, his arm is strong and he has great accuracy. He throws on the run extremely well which is nice to have as in the NFL you aren't going to have all day to throw, hes good at moving around in the pockett. He has awesome awareness of the field, always keeps his eyes downfield instead of trying to run. Hes tough and not afraid to stand tall in the pocket. His footwork and release are pretty much text book perfect already, big props to his coaches at USC for coaching him so well. Another plus is hearing every single guy out there that has evaulated college players and NFL players and not hear one say he is a bust, everyone loves him.

I have been saying that Sanchez won't be as good as Jet fans think he will be, and Jet fans just laugh at me. Last year after the draft, I said Gholston would bomb and likely won't last long in this league. Again, I got laughed at, but now it seems I am getting the last laugh.
So who did you actually say would pan out actually panned out? Why would a Phins fan ever say anything positive about a Jet player of course you would doubt ever pick we make. Im sure you were also saying Pace is a JAG, Jenkins is washed up and Woody is a scrub as well last offseason.

So who did you actually say would pan out actually panned out? Why would a Phins fan ever say anything positive about a Jet player of course you would doubt ever pick we make. Im sure you were also saying Pace is a JAG, Jenkins is washed up and Woody is a scrub as well last offseason.

:err:

And like your fanbase see's the Phins picks as quality additions......

Funny how most of you jit fans continue to trash Penny implying that he as well as the 08 Dolphins benefitted from an easy scheduel..:rolleyes2:

Not to mention that since Chad had a great season as a Dolphin last season, he will regress and be injury prone this season!

Save your :boohoo: for the jit m-b!

Marino1983

I hate duke and the dolphins so he has a bad combo, I'm not questioning how he could be a fan of duke just that he has the double whammy of teams I hate.:wink:

Well you like the Jets, UNC and the Yankees so there's a triple threat of teams I hate

:lol:

I believe some of us here give Jets players credit when it is due.

Back
Top Bottom