MERGED: Barret Robbins was shot in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Barret Robbins was shot in Miami

Miami Beach police said Robbins was confronted by a detective investigating a burglary report in a building that houses a nightclub, gym and jewelry store. Robbins and the detective had a "violent struggle" before Robbins was shot, police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

"The officer was literally fighting for his life, trying to get Mr. Robbins from getting his gun. That's when the shots rang out," Hernandez said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1968357

Robbins was last in trouble as recently as Christmas Eve, when he was arrested on battery and drunk and disorderly conduct charges in San Francisco after allegedly hitting a nightclub security guard.

He allegedly struck the guard after he was told the bar he was trying to enter was closed, according to the San Francisco Sheriff's Department.

If he survives and doesn't immediately get help, I think he'll be dead very soon. :(

MelbournePhin said:
Ricky is not Bi-Polar. He just has an anxiety disorder

Correct. Robbins has a debilitating mental illness that alters his perception of reality; Social Anxiety Disorder is serious, but not on the scale of full-blown mental disease.

Muck said:
If he survives and doesn't immediately get help, I think he'll be dead very soon. :(

If he survives, he'll be in jail very soon. You don't get into a fight with a cop, make him have to shoot you, and just go about your business. This fat boy needs to be off the street. He's out of control.

Barret Robbins

I just heard that Barret Robbins tried to burglarize a place in Miami and got shot and is now in critical condition. What's the latest?? :confused:

Did Robbins have "character issues" coming out of college?

Anyone know?

HVACservice said:
Did Robbins have "character issues" coming out of college?

Anyone know?

I don't know, but he now has an attempted murder charge. Against a police officer, to boot.

Pro Bowler in 2002. And that was coming off a torn ACL (suffered in Miami). Was arguably the best center in the league that year.

Back
Top Bottom