Merged:Best player in the draft........./Matt Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Best player in the draft........./Matt Jones

He has the hands, size, and speed to be a great WR. Too bad I think hes going to be around the 32nd pick in the draft. He is one of the best athletes in the entire draft, theres going to be a team late in the first round that is a little weak at the WR position that will take a chance on him.... like Philly.

I think he is out of our reach to get based on our draft picks. The only way we could get him is if we had an early 2nd rounder, kinda like where our 2nd rounder was for AJ. The teams I forsee us maybe trading Surtain to, either dont have a 2nd rounder, or its a late 2nd rounder.

Philter25 said:
He has the hands, size, and speed to be a great WR. Too bad I think hes going to be around the 32nd pick in the draft. He is one of the best athletes in the entire draft, theres going to be a team late in the first round that is a little weak at the WR position that will take a chance on him.... like Philly.

I think he is out of our reach to get based on our draft picks. The only way we could get him is if we had an early 2nd rounder, kinda like where our 2nd rounder was for AJ. The teams I forsee us maybe trading Surtain to, either dont have a 2nd rounder, or its a late 2nd rounder.

Yeah I doubt we will be able to draft him, but I think he will end up being one of the best players of the 2005 draft class.

I think he goes between 16 and 23

There's no chance we get him.

You think that after Troy Williamson goes between 9 and 14 that he's going to sit around for long?

That is, if Williamson goes before him at all.

I'll take him. I don't really care though. I can respect players like Ladainian and Roy Williams without needing them.

There are so many good WRs and RBs at the top of the draft, if Saban is smart, we'll land a platinum egg.

He's a project despite his measurables. he may go in the mid 2nd round area but I would be shocked to see him go in the first or even the top of the 2nd.....

If Matt Jones is the best player in the draft, how come he isn't going in the Top 10. Did he have a injury or someone because I barely know anything about him:confused:

THOMAS_54 said:
If Matt Jones is the best player in the draft, how come he isn't going in the Top 10. Did he have a injury or someone because I barely know anything about him:confused:

because he's making a position switch.....that said, he reportedly had the best hands of any player on his Razorbacks team

dolphins dont need a project...

Matt Jones was awesome in college.... but until he can prove he can play WR in the NFL... not worth the gamble....

Eric-Gofins said:
dolphins dont need a project...

Matt Jones was awesome in college.... but until he can prove he can play WR in the NFL... not worth the gamble....

But then, once he proves he can play WR in the NFL, won't it be too late?;)

Matt Jones could not only most likely be a quality WR in the NFL, but I bet he could also play FS at an impact level. He is smart, Tall and fast. He could be a freak back there.

if we get a #2 from the chiefs (for surtain), why not take him then (assuming he's available). or if we trade down from #2, to the middle or end of round 1?

cowtowndick said:
if we get a #2 from the chiefs (for surtain), why not take him then (assuming he's available). or if we trade down from #2, to the middle or end of round 1?

Because i would much rather have

draft safety, Center, OLB , OL and take care of those needs first.

Leave the projects for other teams to waste their time on.

AKA Eric Crouch

Back
Top Bottom