MERGED: Bobby Taylor on CB Short List | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Bobby Taylor on CB Short List

Al13 said:
bobby taylor is not a bad corner

First off, I must admit Im a heavy Eagles fan also..... so I will just get that out of the way.

Taylor was great in Philly. BUT Taylor is on the downside of his career, thats why Philly released him and Troy Vincent in the same year. Taylor has injury concerns, BIG injury concerns and was overpaid for what he did in Seattle.

The guy has all the physical attributes you look for in a CB. I just would not feel comfortable banking on him because of his injury concerns. If we are signing him to compete for a starting position, then I would much rather have Ty Law.

They both have injury concerns only Law isnt as far down his peak as Taylor is. If we are signing him for depth, then I would much rather have a guy who doesnt have the injury problems Taylor does, like Buckley.

If we are considering Bobby Taylor, then that means we are not as OK at CB as I thought we were. Personally, I thought Howard was very good in Carolina. Although we grossly overpaid for him, he is move of a Zone CB and I thought he would do well in a Saban scheme. The fact that we are looking at Taylor says otherwise.

Eitherway, if we sign Taylor its going to be for cheap and probably only a year fix..... I would rather Travis Daniels get more reps at CB than waste playing time on an over the hill CB with injury concerns.

old, slow, and no better than a #3 or #4 on our depth chart.

I would not mind haveing him if hes cheap but i bet hes not.I really think that we will release Howard and sign Ty Law.

He's a better option than Mario Edwards at this point. I have a bad feeling that Edwards is going to be the next CB we dub "toast" around here..

Here's another possiblity. Maybe Saban is impressed with his boy Travis Daniels, and this is a good year to start the young guys, so he is looking at Bobby Taylor for cheap depth. Bobby is probably too old to be an every play corner, but he would be excellent in spot duty and as a tutor for the young guys.

fish fan 4 life said:
I would not mind haveing him if hes cheap but i bet hes not.I really think that we will release Howard and sign Ty Law.

:smackhead:

Please read the other thread on this with the salary cap implications.

Hes an experienced vet...but he'd make a better safety now since hes slowed down quite a bit

doubt we'll get him

As far as salary limitations,.Ty Law may have to accept a lesser offer and have some humble pie.

Back
Top Bottom