Merged: Can't have Brunell AND Henson/Rivers/Losman/getting Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Can't have Brunell AND Henson/Rivers/Losman/getting Brunell

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Can't have Brunell AND Henson/Rivers/Losman

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7860712.htm

Sounds like Brunell is not going to a team unless they guarantee that they won't use a first rounder on a QB. Presumably, this also applies to trading for Henson. Personally, I can live with that. I think Brunell has 3 or 4 good years left; he's 32, after all, and is certainly healthy and rested.
The upshot is that it sounds like the Phins will make a serious push for him, and if they do, they've almost got to be his #1 choice.

Hey, in 3 years, the Phins can start looking to trade up for Chris Leak as Brunell's successor! :)

You could have Henson as realistically he's 2 years away from starting. I think it would negate any deal for Rivers or Losman. I also personally think that the QB talk might be smokescreen anyway in terms of the draft.

I don't like it at all.....Sounds to me like somebody who is insecure with his own abilities.....If you have three or four good years left, Marc, then go out and hold off the competition for your job. ...simple as that.

This really turns me off to Brunell.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't like it at all.....Sounds to me like somebody who is insecure with his own abilities.....If you have three or four good years left, Marc, then go out and hold off the competition for your job. ...simple as that.

This really turns me off to Brunell.

I agree inFinSible. Who is he to make demands? Maybe no one should trade for him and he could pack groceries at Publix.

Sounds like he's scared of competition. Get a first rounder, and let Jay battle with him. Jay, although not the answer, would not be scared of the competition, and already knows the offense. He could fill the gap until our first rounder is comfortable, or until he gets hurt in week two or three, then the 1st could go.

that betta be a bunch of crap

Several other teams have been mentioned in connection with Brunell, such as Dallas, San Diego and Tampa Bay. All have more drawbacks than the Dolphins at this point, but that could change.

One of the keys for Brunell is he doesn't want to play for a team that invests a first-round pick in a quarterback this year. Brunell, 32, believes he can be an effective starter for another three or four years and doesn't want to go through another situation similar to the Leftwich one.

what's difference between a Henson or Rivers and being on a team w/Chad Hutchinson, Drew Brees or Chris Simms

not much, but being on a team with tuiososopo and drafting larry fitgerald is different... :(

we should be able to talk him into coming on board with henson, hes at least a year away

If this is true they should forget about Brunell. There is a reason that Jax drafted a QB in round 1 and that is taht Brunell, while still good is not a great QB anymore. He no longer has the mobility that made him very effective last yr. Why should the Fins puttheir Q future QB search on hold for 3-4 yrs just cause Brunell says so. If thsi team has a legitimate chance to get Hensen, Rivers, etc without sacrificing to much they should do it.

Also, remember Todd Wade is a FA who the Fins do not want to spend $$ on. They will need a very good RT if the fins have a lefty QB.

I may not like his attitude about it, but I can understand where he's coming from. Seems to me the situation is this.....if the Dolphins really want Brunell, get him and Henson. Then spend the #20 pick on a receiver.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
I may not like his attitude about it, but I can understand where he's coming from. Seems to me the situation is this.....if the Dolphins really want Brunell, get him and Henson. Then spend the #20 pick on a receiver.

I like it.

Originally posted by Scrappy
Sounds like he's scared of competition. Get a first rounder, and let Jay battle with him. Jay, although not the answer, would not be scared of the competition, and already knows the offense. He could fill the gap until our first rounder is comfortable, or until he gets hurt in week two or three, then the 1st could go.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:yell:

No more Jay!! He has proven he cant get it done. Bg would be a better option IF necessary.

I like it also!!

Please, if we don't draft a QB (which we desperately need to do) because Brunnel may cry, then I don't want the washed up has been. I only want him over Jay if he comes at a cheaper price.

If Brunell thinks he has 3-4 more good years left, bringing in Henson probably would be seen as only slightly less of an issue than would drafting Rivers or Losman. All that would mean for Brunell is that he's 2 years away from facing the same dilemma he did in J-Ville.

I hope I'm wrong about that, because I think that this would be the best plan of all.

Back
Top Bottom