Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback

You know missionary work doesn't actually help anybody, right? Tim didn't provide food, water, shelter, or medical care to anybody. All he did was evangelize. Not very helpful.

From the Bob Tebow website:

The Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association has been serving in the Philippines since 1985 with five major priorities: Evangelism, Church Planting, Pastor Training, an Orphanage, and the Training of the Next Generation of Evangelists. It is the primary goal of BTEA to make the gospel of Jesus Christ available to every person in the world.

So, Bob Tebow runs an orphanage that specializes in brainwashing helpless children and shipping them to (only) christian homes.

Sorry, but I have much more respect for people like Bill Gates who help people just to help them, and not because they have some insidious agenda.

No but the circumcisions did.

Bill Gates has one big agenda "make more money and corner more markets to make more money". His company is the single biggest overlooked US monopoly since AT&T was forced to breakup. Of course he has to give some money away if he didn’t people would condemn him. I don’t blame Bill for making every penny, it is his right by living in the US, but he has an agenda just the same.

So to say the Tebow's are horrible for running a Christian basis orphanage in a poor nation and then compare it to the richest man on the planet is a bit much. Even if you don’t believe in Jesus Christ those children are getting other things that they would otherwise never have gotten. A child can grow up and change religion but if a child dies from being impoverished I guess it never really had a choice.

Bill and Bob help those who otherwise wouldn’t be helped and I think they both deserve credit on that front, you don’t have to agree with there ideas just the fact that they at least do something.

So that means when someone asks me to give my opinion about someone i need to get paid? Wow! Ive missed out on a lot of money.

Are you a player? Will there be any attention paid to your opinion?

For the record, if I were a player I would say: I don't give a rat's add about Tebow cause he won't make or break me and that's all there is to it! But that's my honest answer, Chad Henne's was different. But I have a LOT of RESPECT for honesty. Honestly NYJUNK when Rex gets retarded on camera and you support him on here then come out and cry worse than a lil girl who's been scolded by mommy you look like a hippocrite and it's absurd. But why should I give a rat's *** anyway? You've always been and will always be absurd.

Do I agree w/ everything Rex says? go back and find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think there has ever been a player talked about this much that is going to end up being a 2nd round pick...

Its amazing..

If he ends up being a Bill he could end becoming one of the most hated players on this board..

Henne needs to learn Class....

Here is what peyton manning - said about Tebow...

"I think he's going to have a good NFL career. I certainly would be careful putting odds against him," "The guy is competitive. A guy with his kind of strength and character, any NFL team would be lucky to have Tebow as a quarterback. Not any other position but quarterback."

"With all the problems we've had on third-and-1, fourth-and-1, short yardage, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's probably 100 percent in his career on converting those," . "I've seen him make a lot of [NFL] throws. He's done a lot of damage to Tennessee over the years. I'm not disappointed to see him graduate from the University of Florida."

Henne do yourself a favor...and learn from the best.... your not a stud nfl QB ( yet!! Lets hope you continue to improve and move this franchise forward).... work on your own game first and no need to worry/comment/hate on other players trying to make it in the nfl....

No but the circumcisions did.

Bill Gates has one big agenda "make more money and corner more markets to make more money". His company is the single biggest overlooked US monopoly since AT&T was forced to breakup. Of course he has to give some money away if he didn’t people would condemn him. I don’t blame Bill for making every penny, it is his right by living in the US, but he has an agenda just the same.

So to say the Tebow's are horrible for running a Christian basis orphanage in a poor nation and then compare it to the richest man on the planet is a bit much. Even if you don’t believe in Jesus Christ those children are getting other things that they would otherwise never have gotten. A child can grow up and change religion but if a child dies from being impoverished I guess it never really had a choice.

Bill and Bob help those who otherwise wouldn’t be helped and I think they both deserve credit on that front, you don’t have to agree with there ideas just the fact that they at least do something.

Not sure what you are talking about with the circumcisions comment.

If you've followed the Bill & Melinda Gates charity at all, you would know better than to say that he is only doing it to avoid condemnation. There aren't many people in this world doing more good or saving more lives than Bill Gates. I won't comment on Microsoft because it is irrelevant here.

Also, I never said the Tebow's were horrible, I just think they get too much (undeserved) credit & respect for doing "missionary work." I was simply pointing out that missionary work is not necessarily very helpful. I also don't think very highly of their mission or their motives. Would they continue to help an orphan child that steadfastly clung to some other faith then the one the Tebow's subscribe to? Again, I have much more respect for someone who helps out of the goodness of their heart, than someone who helps because they are trying to get extra credit for the afterlife.

So, my original question still stands. What has Tim Tebow ever done to justify the insane amounts of love & praise he seems to receive?

well too be honest i think it would be pretty kick *** for tebow to come to the afc east. the rivalrys would really grow with henne sannchez and tebow.. would be perfect. i think its funny how many dolphins fans are coming to tebow's rescue. stand behind our QB. he wasnt an a hole about it. he said it straight up. hes not an NFL qb. there's so many ways you can take that. maybe he just felt it didnt warrant discussion. its a qb whos not even in the top 3 coming out. im sure hes just sick of the hype about a rival, and how in a short interview with henne, he couldn't escape the tebow media hype. im glad he said it.

i personally dont give a **** about Tebow OR his missionary work. Hes not gonna be a Miami Dolphin so i could care less what he does in the NFL. Its not like Chad Hennes the only one who made a comment like this, theres TONS of people who dont think Tebow will make it as a QB but so many people sweat that dude its ridiculous. You hear more about Tebow than you do about guys who are projected to go top 20. I mean maybe it wasnt Hennes place to say it on the radio and he probably shouldnt have said anything like that publicly and said it behind closed doors but it is what it is.

Dude, I want Henne to have the type of ****iness. It is what makes a guy like Brady or Manning so good.
I want Henne to be ****y about his abilities not acting like a scout......stick to what you do Henne dont get caught up in the media's games they love to play......

Not sure what you are talking about with the circumcisions comment.

If you've followed the Bill & Melinda Gates charity at all, you would know better than to say that he is only doing it to avoid condemnation. There aren't many people in this world doing more good or saving more lives than Bill Gates. I won't comment on Microsoft because it is irrelevant here.

Also, I never said the Tebow's were horrible, I just think they get too much (undeserved) credit & respect for doing "missionary work." I was simply pointing out that missionary work is not necessarily very helpful. I also don't think very highly of their mission or their motives. Would they continue to help an orphan child that steadfastly clung to some other faith then the one the Tebow's subscribe to? Again, I have much more respect for someone who helps out of the goodness of their heart, than someone who helps because they are trying to get extra credit for the afterlife.

So, my original question still stands. What has Tim Tebow ever done to justify the insane amounts of love & praise he seems to receive?

If you had read the NY Times article I posted you would have:

He even helped perform a few circumcisions in an impoverished Philippines village — during spring break.

Look man the point I was trying to show is without agenda nether family would be able to help anyone. Bill is rich and can help. The church is rich and can help.

While I agree pushing beliefs is not a good way to go about things it is still more help then people would have received otherwise.

The 15 guiding principles on the Gates website are not that far off from the mission statement on the Tebow website.

One is pushing technology and the other religion. Imagine that. :err:

Henne needs to learn Class....

Here is what peyton manning - said about Tebow...

"I think he's going to have a good NFL career. I certainly would be careful putting odds against him," "The guy is competitive. A guy with his kind of strength and character, any NFL team would be lucky to have Tebow as a quarterback. Not any other position but quarterback."

"With all the problems we've had on third-and-1, fourth-and-1, short yardage, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's probably 100 percent in his career on converting those," . "I've seen him make a lot of [NFL] throws. He's done a lot of damage to Tennessee over the years. I'm not disappointed to see him graduate from the University of Florida."

Henne do yourself a favor...and learn from the best.... your not a stud nfl QB ( yet!! Lets hope you continue to improve and move this franchise forward).... work on your own game first and no need to worry/comment/hate on other players trying to make it in the nfl....

hes one of the good ones but hes not the best...........hes got one ring and i think he was lucky to get that one.

If you had read the NY Times article I posted you would have:

Look man the point I was trying to show is without agenda nether family would be able to help anyone. Bill is rich and can help. The church is rich and can help.

While I agree pushing beliefs is not a good way to go about things it is still more help then people would have received otherwise.

The 15 guiding principles on the Gates website are not that far off from the mission statement on the Tebow website.

One is pushing technology and the other religion. Imagine that. :err:

Since this forum isn't really appropriate for a lengthy Tebow discussion, I'll just finish by saying that you sound like a good guy, and I will agree that either way people got some help they wouldn't otherwise have received. I'll just be glad when all the Tebow hype has finally died down.

Back
Top Bottom