Merged: Chris Akins Signs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chris Akins Signs

4THand10

Active Roster
Reaction score
Chris Akins Signs

Espn reports the Dolphins have signed New England's back up safety Chris Akins.

What a joke, Miami signs a special teams player.Akins is not even good enough to play safety.

Re: Chris Akins Signs

Originally posted by 4THand10

What a joke, Miami signs a special teams player.Akins is not even good enough to play safety.

Who did he backup! Harrison! That sure doesn't mean he sucks!

Re: Chris Akins Signs

Originally posted by 4THand10

Hello? Anyone HOme? In case you haven't noticed miami's ST has been horrible and plus we need to replace Hendricks in case he leaves.

Akins is an exceptional ST player. Nothing more.

Akins is only a special teams player.He never has had the talent to play safety in the nfl.
We still need a staring RT.

Re: Re: Chris Akins Signs

Originally posted by Haywood

Hello? Anyone HOme? In case you haven't noticed miami's ST has been horrible and plus we need to replace Hendricks in case he leaves.

Akins is an exceptional ST player. Nothing more.

Thank You!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Special teams player. Last time I looked special teams was a third of the game.

Sure the value of a special teams standout / backup player is not anywhere near that of say a.... Right Tackle , none the less every team needs them , and Miami's special teams is no exception.

Don't delude yourself , signing Akins did not , does not take away from Miami making legitimate offers to "name " players.

It seems Miami made a deadly serious offer to Tait. As Rick said though "he has to want to play here " Tait obviously wanted to play in Chicago , it was his choice , the money was not better from the Bears .

We move on , as Speilman said to the next plan . We will go after a couple other tackles and maybe another guard. It is good to see though that we are securing quality players that will help and negate the need to draft that position . Reggie Howard is a great signing....age wise , money wise , experience......anyone that does not see that is simply misguided....

Miami has no magic wand to make players sign here....and it is not like we have not stepped up and been bold.... every team wins some and loses some in free agency....it is early and so far , sure we have had some disapointments but we also have had 2 major signings that will really help , plus a strong strong special teamer...... I say thumbs up for now.....

Originally posted by dolfan22
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Special teams player. Last time I looked special teams was a third of the game.

Sure the value of special teams standout / backup player is not anywhere near that of say a Right Tackle , none the less every team needs the.

Don't delude yourself , signing Akins did not , does not take away from Miami making legitimate offers to "name " players.

It seems Miami made a deadly serious offer to Tait. As Rick said though "he has to want to play here " Tait obviously wanted to play in Chicago , it was his choice , the money was not better from the Bears .

We move on , as Speilman said to the next plan . We will go after a couple other tackles and maybe another guard. It is good to see though that we are securing quality players that will help and negate the need to draft that position . Reggie Howard is a great signing....age wise , money wise , experience......anyone that does not see that is simply misguided....

Miami has no magic wand to make players sign here....and it is not like we have not stepped up and been bold.... every team wins some and loses some in free agency....it is early and so far , sure we have had some disapointments but we also have had 2 major signings that will really help , plus a strong strong special teamer...... I say thumbs up for now.....

You need to post more often :D

Thanks .....

For a long time there was some glitch and I could not post. Now that I am at home with the broken leg from hell (skiing ) I have a lot of time and occupy it trying to keep abreast of Miami's moves in the offseason.

I have read the posts here for a long time , and enjoy the access to information. There are a lot of members I enjoy and think have salient insights. Some however need to understand the big picture. I love the Dolphins and have for a long time....was one of the first people in Canada to have direct tv because of Sunday ticket (Miami games) but I can be critical when I need to be. I do feel the appointment of Speilman is the start of a renewal in Miami though..... like I said before VISION and LEADERSHIP ...... September is a long ways off......but Rick knows what he has to do to compete with NE ......and he is making moves to do that.

Sure the value of special teams standout / backup player is not anywhere near that of say a Right Tackle , none the less every team needs the.

well we need special teams players.. so i feel akins will help.. thanks rick.. for seeing the big picture.. some fans think they can do a better job ... i say B.S.

He was a good pick up, our ST sucks, and we need all the help we can get. I'm tired of crappy punts, and even crappier punt coverage, same thing with kick off coverage.

Since when wasn't special teams VERY important? Special teams can make or break the outcome of any game, any Sunday. Akins was a good signing because he's one of the best gunners in the AFC. Bank that.

Akins is only a special teams player.He never has had the talent to play safety in the nfl.
We still need a staring RT.

Have you seen Akins play safety? I don't think so. The comment "we need a starting RT" doesn't really show knowledge for the understanding of free agency. You act like we broke the bank on this guy. We found a player at another position that we liked, and we signed him. So what.. because they can't find a RT, they shouldn't sign anybody? Gimme a break! :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom