Merged: Chris Akins Signs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chris Akins Signs

Akins wasn't involved in the sub packages with the Pats, but I believe he did with the Titans.

He's a good to very good ST player.

Why don't you take a deep breath and relax, No depth at WR? there is plenty of depth, the problem is no solid #2.

LB doth isn't that bad either, Seau, Thomas and Greenwood with Hendricks, Jenkins and Moore as backups, and yes the depth on the OL is young but as long as the fins can sign a few key FA we'll have starter and depth.

Is that the sky falling?!!!!!!!!!!!! You're panicing over what they may have signed this guy for and you don't even know!

Your kidding right?
Name the depth at the WR.
Who Derrius Thompson?He wouldn't even be the #4 WR on other teams.The guy is a total bust.
Also the Dolphins have J.R Tolver, Kendall Newson,Ronald Bellamy.
These guys got virtually no game experince.
The only one I say has a chance is J.R Tolver.
If the Dolphins do draft or sign a stud receiver, what happens if there is a injury?

And the the depth at LB is not that bad.Do you know what the depth is?By the way Hendricks signed with the Jaguars.
The depth is Moore,Jenkins and Ayanbadejo.No starting experince between them.

Moore is coming of season ending injury and has had past shoulder problems in college.There is no garuntee that he is any good.
Jenkins will need a few years to devolp.He never played LB in college.He played QB and Safety.
He's more of a ST's player.
And Ayandadejo is mostly a ST's player.
And again if injury were to happen to the staring LB's you would feel good about staring 1 of thier backups?

Its easy to say the Dolphins will sign depth or draft depth.
There is only so much money to spend with the salary cap.After they sign 1 or 2 more OL and resign Wale thier isn't much money left.Still got to sign draft picks.
And the Dolphins don't have that many draft picks.

Originally posted by 4THand10

Your kidding right?
Name the depth at the WR.
Who Derrius Thompson?He wouldn't even be the #4 WR on other teams.The guy is a total bust.
Also the Dolphins have J.R Tolver, Kendall Newson,Ronald Bellamy.
These guys got virtually no game experince.
The only one I say has a chance is J.R Tolver.
If the Dolphins do draft or sign a stud receiver, what happens if there is a injury?

And the the depth at LB is not that bad.Do you know what the depth is?By the way Hendricks signed with the Jaguars.
The depth is Moore,Jenkins and Ayanbadejo.No starting experince between them.

Moore is coming of season ending injury and has had past shoulder problems in college.There is no garuntee that he is any good.
Jenkins will need a few years to devolp.He never played LB in college.He played QB and Safety.
He's more of a ST's player.
And Ayandadejo is mostly a ST's player.
And again if injury were to happen to the staring LB's you would feel good about staring 1 of thier backups?

Its easy to say the Dolphins will sign depth or draft depth.
There is only so much money to spend with the salary cap.After they sign 1 or 2 more OL and resign Wale thier isn't much money left.Still got to sign draft picks.
And the Dolphins don't have that many draft picks.

Listen you can't have it both ways sorry but it's not gonna happen. you can piss and moan all you want but the depth is like this throughtout the league with a few exceptions, and even those teams get picked apart. You are a complete moron if you think you can have starters or starting experiance at every position and that is basically what you want and it ain't gonna happen.
What you have is an opinion of the quality of players like Thompson, I agree he isn't much but like I said at some point you gotta bite the bullet somewhere a be thin in a position or two.

And we are what 4 days into FA? Give a little time before panicing, dam half this MB is in a panic four freaking days into FA!

Oh yeah my last post was written before Hendricks signed with the Jags. Or before it posted anywhere.

Madison restuctured his contract or is about to and we are still waiting on OLmen to sign and for what amount?
Every team is thin in most positions when it comes to either starting experiance or playing experiance, the key is not to have injuries where your thin and hope you make it to the show healthy.
Oh let me guess, you'll use the Patriots as an example, well name me another team that had 11(?) starters out and won the superbowl?
Better yet name me teams around this league that have starting or playing experiance at every position.

That fact remains you were bitching about a ST player being signed without knowing for what amount that added depth to the saftey position.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that signing a ST player and getting depth at the safety spot was in there plans when they decided to cut Marion and Gamble and knowing that they might lose Hendricks, so just maybe they knew that money would be paid out to other "role players" to fill those spots, don't ya think?

Listen your the moron Hellion.
You proved your self wong.The Patriots were a great example like you said.Without depth they would not have won the Super Bowl.

Better yet why don't you name 1 team in the last 10 years that have won the super bowl that has virtually no starting experince at depth like the Dolphins.

the key is not to have injuries where your thin and hope you make it to the show healthy.

Every team in the league has always had some kind of injuries to thier sarters.And what makes the good teams deal with injuries is the quality of depth behind thier starters.
The last 10 super bowl winners have overcome some sort of injury with thier quality of depth.

Why don't you take a deep breath and relax, No depth at WR? there is plenty of depth, the problem is no solid #2.

LB doth isn't that bad either, Seau, Thomas and Greenwood with Hendricks, Jenkins and Moore as backups, and yes the depth on the OL is young but as long as the fins can sign a few key FA we'll have starter and depth.

Plenty of depth is different then quality of depth.The quality of depth is terrible at WR,LB,OL.

Re-read I said "exceptions" I'm sorry I thought you could have figured out that I meant the Patriots and Panthers. Those teams are the exception, those are the teams that have the depth, but can you say that NE thought they could win with 11 starters gone throughout the season? Belichek(sp) said in several interviews that it's very unusual. I and alot others beleive coaching and scheme design had alot to do with players success, but that's another thread.

Now look whats happening to both teams, they're being picked apart like a dead dear on the side of the road. NE will survive because they have alot of draft picks but lets see how the Panthers do? There is plain a simply not enough talent to go around to every team for quality starters and depth, it's a balancing act.

Yeah sure I could go over the injury reports for the last ten SBs but honestly arguing with you about this isn't worth the time and effort (no offense) but like I said, you take those injuries and place them at other positions are the results the same?
If they lost a WR and that's what position they were thin at, would that of effected them more than lets say CB where they are deep at? Sure it would. Every team goes into the season crossing their fingers hoping for no injuries, then if there is they hope it's at a position where they have quality depth, not where they are thin.

Any coach, GM or player will and have said, the key to winning is to remain healthy. Why do they say that? Because they know they are not deep at every position, it's impossible.

Of course we all want quality depth at every position, but realistically we can't do that today because of the cap. Of course there are times when teams get lucky.

My question is what would you do with the current cap situation the Fins are in to get the starters we need and the quality depth?

And I appoligize for the moron name, I meant that to come out differently than it did, after I read it I realized it. I'm a better poster than that, my bad. ;)

Back
Top Bottom