Merged: Claude Wroten | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Claude Wroten

Zeke0123

This is my worried look
Reaction score
Claude Wroten arrested..

NCAA | Police and courts: Claude Wroten
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:52:33 -0800

Jordan Blum, of the Shreveport Times, reports Louisiana State All-American senior DT Claude Wroten was arrested late Wednesday, Jan. 4, on charges of felony possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. Wroten was pulled over for speeding and was asked if he had anything illegal in the car, to which he admitted having marijuana for personal consumption. Wroten also had $4,000 in his pocket, which he claimed was on loan from his financial adviser to prepare for NFL training.

What an idiot. I bet he was one of the guys that Saban was seriously looking at for our 1st round pick. He'll be lucky to go first day now.

dominizzo said:
2nd day pick

like Antajj Hawthorne
Took the words right out of my mouth....PLayers that slip like that for off the field issues and make or break a draft

Nappy Roots said:
college players gotta make some money some how

Yeah you get a job a wait for your shot at the draft!! He really screwed up.

Stacks said:
Yeah you get a job a wait for your shot at the draft!! He really screwed up.

:sidelol:

you cant get a job while playing college football.

but i was joking

Seriously, if you're a few months away from signing a contract that will probably pay you millions, who is stupid enough to try and make money from selling drugs? Seriously he has to be the dumbest man entering the draft.

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol:

you cant get a job while playing college football.

but i was joking

His season is over. If he needed money THAT bad he coulda got some work for a few months. Why would he risk his future like that? Maybe he'll bounce back. I hope he does. I hate to see anybody throw their life away over something dumb like this.

Claude Wroten Steal of Draft?

I just read an article about wroten being caught with marijuana with intent to sell and was dropped from the senior bowl roster. With that said if anybody knows about Wrotens charecter it would be Saban. If saban feels wroten is a good kin he may be a steal for us in 2nd or 3rd round. He could be a beast in our 3-4.

Big question on whether Wroten will even escape prison on this one. When you're caught with $4,000 in your wallet plus a couple of bags of weed, intent to sell can be a pretty open and shut case if he doesn't get a good lawyer. Problem is he claimed he got the money as an advance from his financial advisor...which is plausible. However, if true, the FA would have to be able to confirm that story and if he can't then it is even MORE grim for Claude because the judge and jury would know he lied about where the money came from.

Still...I'd pick him with one of our 7th rounders just to retain his rights in case everything gets cleared up. He's very, very talented. Play it off as one of Saban's guys made a mistake and Saban wants to help him get back on the right track in life.

ckparrothead said:
Big question on whether Wroten will even escape prison on this one. When you're caught with $4,000 in your wallet plus a couple of bags of weed, intent to sell can be a pretty open and shut case if he doesn't get a good lawyer. Problem is he claimed he got the money as an advance from his financial advisor...which is plausible. However, if true, the FA would have to be able to confirm that story and if he can't then it is even MORE grim for Claude because the judge and jury would know he lied about where the money came from.

Still...I'd pick him with one of our 7th rounders just to retain his rights in case everything gets cleared up. He's very, very talented. Play it off as one of Saban's guys made a mistake and Saban wants to help him get back on the right track in life.

Its not as open and shut as you think it would be. With a great lawyer... he could still get out of it. I aint saying it will be easy... but dont underestimate how ret@rded the system is...

But I would love to use a later pick on this guy. Mad talented... and knows the system.

Back
Top Bottom