Merged: Darrell Hackney... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Darrell Hackney...

phins1381

Practice Squad
Reaction score
darrell hackney

just curious wanted to know where every one stands on this guy, if cutler was gone by 16 and say jacobs was gone by the time our 2nd rd pick, would any here be willing to give darrell hackney a chance with our 3rd pick...just incase some people dont know him he is the qb at of uab...reminds me a little of the jags david garrard....

phins1381 said:
just curious wanted to know where every one stands on this guy, if cutler was gone by 16 and say jacobs was gone by the time our 2nd rd pick, would any here be willing to give darrell hackney a chance with our 3rd pick...just incase some people dont know him he is the qb at of uab...reminds me a little of the jags david garrard....

He has some talent... but I watched him single-handedly lose the game against UCF. UCF picked him off twice and forced a fumble on him all late in the 4th quarter...

He is also a little short (6'1)...

IMO, he is a project. Around a 4th rounder...

darrell hackney...

...is a name that others have brought up on this site, but i admittedly sorta didn't think much about him. that was based on ignorance more than anything, so can anyone comment (good and bad) on whether he'd be a good choice and in what round would it make sense.

He will be playing at the Senior Bowl, which I believe is January 28th. You can take a look at him for yourself. Most folks say he reminds them of Steve McNair.

I haven't really paid any attention to him so I wouldn't know but I like Omar Jacobs

ckparrothead said:
He will be playing at the Senior Bowl, which I believe is January 28th. You can take a look at him for yourself. Most folks say he reminds them of Steve McNair.

He reminds me of Jared before he found Subway....

Hes simmply, IMO, too small at 6'1''...

I don't know much about Hackney, but at 6'1 he's already taller than Mike Vick and Drew Brees. While I wouldn't put Hackney in that category, I think teams should look at whether or not the height factor is really all that important to the evaluation.

I like him, but i dont think he will be picked up till late in the draft....this kid has almost everything, except for some of the most crucial aspects of quarterbacking. He panics and throws into coverage waaaay too often. He also just doesnt make the plays when they are needed, he isnt clutch. I dont think we will be taking him, but if saban believes he can turn him into something then I am all for it.

ckparrothead said:

if hes a Mcnair clone..im all for it

im a big fan of Hackney. He may be 6'1, but he plays much bigger. hes got good mobility to get on the edge away from defenders trying to knock the ball down. Hes got a cannon for an arm, and hes a extremely tough and strong. He does need to get his weight down a tad, and continue to work on his accuracy though.

He reminds me of a slower more raw McNabb IMO.

Darrell Hackney is a full 6'2" tall, according to Scouts Inc, and I have come to trust their measurements. They do not go by what is listed on the school's websites or any other shady listing like that. They have measurements listed to within an 8th of an inch, as per their official campus measurements.

Bruce Gradkowsky is about 6'1" even and will probably be considered a little short, but not TOO short necessarily.

Remember, guys like Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, Kurt Warner, Patrick Ramsey...they're listed at 6'2" but some of them are just over 6'1"

Back
Top Bottom