MERGED: Davone Bess interview from Scout.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Davone Bess interview from Scout.com

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was a little surprised to see this there..

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=878065&refid=400

After catching 54 passes during his rookie campaign, WR Davone Bess is anxious to pick up where he and Chad Pennington left off. Scout.com's Ed Thompson talked with Bess about his first year in the league and the outlook for 2009 as the Dolphins look to build upon their success.

Tell me why are some people saying that Ronnie Brown and Devone Bess are probably going to be leaving Miami next year? We've got to keep them both.

Tell me why are some people saying that Ronnie Brown and Devone Bess are probably going to be leaving Miami next year? We've got to keep them both.
Bess is an ERFA next offseason, so he is definitely not going anywhere.

I personally think Ronnie will get extended, but at the same time, the team could be waiting to see what happens with the CBA talks. If no new deal is done before free agency kicks off next March, there will be no salary cap and the rules for Restricted Free Agents changes. Under the no salary cap free agency, Ronnie would actually be a RFA and we can just tender him and force teams to highly compensate us if they want to try and take him away.

Of course, last resort is we could always just franchise Ronnie.

I am still amazed that we thought Lambo_Weezy was Bess. They are like night and day. (Although Steve McNair proved that even the good guys can have secrets.) I'm glad that Bess has been proven again to be the high quality guy we thought he was from the get go. I hope we wrap him up like we did Cammy.

he personally is my favorite offensive player with the fins, when i read those comments of his, what i like is the fact that we all know how much he means every single word that comes out of his mouth. Sometimes, guys will say the cute words in front of the camera and they'll leave it at that, but with davone you know he's authentic

A real down to earth, hard-working and talented player/person

Bess isnt going anywhere. and lets wait and see till next year before any decision is made about ronnie brown. last year he had alot to prove coming off the injury. lets hope he can further better his production while staying healthy

Bess will be signed up to a new contract. Ronnie Brown, I think it depends what he does this year behind a better line, I know they have said they are impressed with how he looks and how he is looking at ota's. They will probably wait for new CBA's to be reached or if none are reached but a very high tender on him to get high picks in return. If he is average this year and no new CBA is reached I think they will let him into FA to try and get some high draft picks in return due to his age. But if a new CBA is reached they might just franchise him and keep him for a year and see who they might have fall to them in the draft and if a good RB falls they might grab him and let Ronnie walk the following year or try and trade him. So many possible ways this could play out.

Back
Top Bottom