Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

tmny99 said:
There's no way to incorporate dropped passes to that number. I watched every game and his receivers had a lot of problems with catching the ball. If you think it's frustating watching Chris Chambers, imagine watching three receivers dropping balls. At least CC gives you a highlight reel catch, these guys were seriously underachieving.

they would have to drop a very extreme amount of balls to get that number down that low if he were to have what he is suppose to in college.

DJ is not accurate, plain and simple

kastofsna120 said:
so if his receivers caught every ball, he'd have what...58% completion? still not that good

exactly, he looks like a career backup in the NFL, never a franchise QB

Well let's see his performance in the Senior Bowl, and see if his stock rises or not.

Alex22 said:
exactly, he looks like a career backup in the NFL, never a franchise QB

For every QB that looks like a career backup, there's one that's supposed to be the next franchise QBs, there's no perfect science...We'll just have to wait and see.

Nappy Roots said:
they would have to drop a very extreme amount of balls to get that number down that low if he were to have what he is suppose to in college.

DJ is not accurate, plain and simple

The point of this thread is put out another name. I've seen Jay Cutler's name around here a lot, but the truth is that DJ performed better than Cutler. You can try to attribute that to whatever you want, but the guy put up better numbers, plain and simple.

tmny99 said:
The point of this thread is put out another name. I've seen Jay Cutler's name around here a lot, but the truth is that DJ performed better than Cutler. You can try to attribute that to whatever you want, but the guy put up better numbers, plain and simple.
doesn't matter who performed better, it's about who's the better pro prospect

tmny99 said:

Numbers dont matter

Timmy Chang is the all time college passing yard leader

Shaun King is the all time college QB rateing leader

what do stats really have to do with anything?

kastofsna120 said:

exactly

You have to look at who delivers a catchable ball, makes the right decisions in games, and has an NFL calliber arm

I dont think shockley is that guy

kastofsna120 said:

Chad Pennington was a better "pro prospect" than Tom Brady. What's the point? You don't know how they'll do until they see the field.

tmny99 said:

how could he off put up better numbers plain and simple, when Cutler had more yards passing, better completion percentage, and the same amount of Touch Down passes, on a much, much, much worse football team? :shakeno:

My first choice for the Phins at QB is Brady Quinn, however, if that doesn't happen, there's no telling who the Phins select. If Shockley ends up being an NFL star there will be plenty of crow to go around. It's too early to call, I want to see them on the field. That will happen in due time.

tmny99 said:
Chad Pennington was a better "pro prospect" than Tom Brady. What's the point? You don't know how they'll do until they see the field.
pennington is pretty good. that's a bad example

Nappy Roots said:
how could he off put up better numbers plain and simple, when Cutler had more yards passing, better completion percentage, and the same amount of Touch Down passes, on a much, much, much worse football team? :shakeno:

Come on people Vandy is not a much much much worse football team buddy. They almost beat FL in the Swamp and they beat Tennesee.

tmny99 said:
Come on people Vandy is not a much much much worse football team buddy. They almost beat FL in the Swamp and they beat Tennesee.

u cant be serious

tmny99 said:
are you kidding me? vanderbilt is 5-6 and lost to middle tennesse state, and georgia is in the sugar bowl. your cred is gone

Back
Top Bottom