Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

elandre said:
yea i can def see him going in the late 1st or 2nd round :)

I hope we get him and draft a CB in the 1st

:eek: Wow I think you've over rated him a bit. 2nd would be a reach let alone 1st. He's a 3rd at best.

DJ Shockey the answer to our qb porblems

well let me start by saying im a life long phin fan and uga fan....im not being bias here when i think shockey would be worth a 2 or 3rd pick for this team...he has improved every year at uga...he is gonna be better then vince young..trust me...this guy doesnt look to run1 st like young.. did any 1 see his comeback vs wv the other nite...he has what it takes to be a rgeat 1..i hope cutler is gone by the time the phins pick in the 1st rd cause it be a mistake to see this guy go some where else

I know you are from UGA, but english is preferred here.

Shockley would be a good pick in rounds 5 or later. They didn't comeback, they lost to WVU. I don't like his decision making, and his arm is so-so.

SammySmif said:
I know you are from UGA, but english is preferred here.

Shockley would be a good pick in rounds 5 or later. They didn't comeback, they lost to WVU. I don't like his decision making, and his arm is so-so.

Agreed

I really like Shockley's release, and he has a nice arm to go with great athleticism. But, he's only around 6'1" (tops), and has trouble throwing over the middle. When throwing over the middle, he releases the ball very high, which I assume is to counter his lack of height. This leads him to over shoot his target, which is a very dangerous thing to do in the middle of the field. He also tends to scatter his throws.
IMO, he has potential, but is a definite project. And a somewhat limited project due to his height.

phins1381 said:
well let me start by saying im a life long phin fan and uga fan....im not being bias here when i think shockey would be worth a 2 or 3rd pick for this team...he has improved every year at uga...he is gonna be better then vince young..trust me...this guy doesnt look to run1 st like young.. did any 1 see his comeback vs wv the other nite...he has what it takes to be a rgeat 1..i hope cutler is gone by the time the phins pick in the 1st rd cause it be a mistake to see this guy go some where else

No bias? Anyone that really believes Shockley is worth a 2nd round pick has their UGA blinders on.

You say he improved every year? He barely played any QB until his senior year.

You say he's going to be better than Vince Young? Bold prediction. Not sure how a short and inaccurate QB is going to even make it in the NFL.

i like dj but cutler is better, i say draft both. we can get dj in the 5th imo.

nolefin said:

draft both? what the hell for? thats a waiste of a 2nd pick.

shockley has one season as a astarter under his belt. Day 2 pick.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in at a late round pick but we already have a project in Cleo Lemon so I don't know about the decision. I say we don't even draft him and if he becomes a UFA put him on the practise roster.

Retnuhrace said:
Shockley may even have to do the switching to WR thing, ala Michael Robinson.
Thats a ridiculous statement, by you saying that it just shows you haven't watched Shockley play. There are aspects of Shockley's game that are better then Vince Youngs...thats a fact. I just don't see where Vince Young succeeds as a QB on the pro level. He doesn't scan the field well and his running style is going to get him killed in the NFL. Young looks to run just as much as Vick did in college but Young runs straight up and is more of a slippery runner b/c of his size rather than a juke machine like Vick. IF Young ends up being as good a Qb as his draft pick dictates, he will at least be a 3 year project and will be less productive then Vick at this point. MARK IT !

finswin56 said:
I really like Shockley's release, and he has a nice arm to go with great athleticism. But, he's only around 6'1" (tops), and has trouble throwing over the middle. When throwing over the middle, he releases the ball very high, which I assume is to counter his lack of height. This leads him to over shoot his target, which is a very dangerous thing to do in the middle of the field. He also tends to scatter his throws.
IMO, he has potential, but is a definite project. And a somewhat limited project due to his height.

this is the only thing that gets me on Shockley. His size. NFL will chew that up unless your doug flutie and even then, you end up a back up.

nolefin said:

Cutler has the prototype size. Something that seems to be lacking in alot of the other QB's. I get the feeling like the late round steal at QB will be someone who knobody is even talking about.

DJ Shockley

Shockley played @ an SEC school under pressure for 4 yrs, andknows how to be a team player would anyone spend a say 5th or 6th rounder on him. Dont know how highly touted he is, but i wouldnt mind seeing him try to earn a roster spot on this team, and eventually becoming the phins QB

Back
Top Bottom