MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future

nuttie_buddie said:
right now joey is polling the wins and that what matters the hear and now not the has been or never been

We're 2-3 under Harrington, I wouldn't call that "winning".

nuttie_buddie said:
i glad the receiver want him as the starting qb.....but when does the receivers desides who starts.....and i am sure that when bell had the start tillman was the one who make that decision....:shakeno:

Are you comparing a QB to a safety?

First off the analogy is terrible, Tillman was the starter so the only way to compare would have been if Joey was the one saying this or who had the decision.

Second off confidence and wanting to play hard for your QB is a huge factor.

Lastly Saban has said since day one Daunte is the starting QB

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And that's all we can ask right now, I was one who always respect what Fiedler did for us, he won a lot of games.

I'm just saying you can't say Harrington had no part in the wins, that's just plain silly.

And I'm neither a Harrington or Culpepper supporter, I wanted neither.

Hey I respected Fiedler too. What I didn't respect was the line of thinking that never saw us try and find a long term solution at the position.

We traded a 2nd round pick for Culpepper, converted $7 million of money into guaranteed bonus, all because we did a lot of research and felt he was our guy of the future...our long term future at the position.

He has the talents to not just be a game manager, checking us out of bad plays and minimizing negative plays, but to also be a play MAKER...making positive plays happen with his talent.

If you don't have both things in your quarterback, then you don't have a long term answer at quarterback.

Quite frankly, Harrington's never been anything but a good game manager. He's never shown the ability to make plays himself, and he even outright says he's not comfortable being asked to do that. He would rather be a system quarterback, are the words right out of his mouth. I think people have gotten it in their heads that he has "potential" that derives directly from his draft standing. I think people need to get over that pretty fast.

Listen Guys.....We are coming off two huge wins, and the bottom line here is that the team, including Joey, is playing better....Lets hope it continues to improve.

Alex44 said:

First off the analogy is terrible, Tillman was the starter so the only way to compare would have been if Joey was the one saying this or who had the decision.

I think the problem is the Wr's should be worring about who is playing and not an injured player that can't play. Maybe if they focused a bit more, McMike and Chambers may have a game with more catches then drops.

When Culpepper gets the green light to play, then by all means, talk him up, but just catch the dam balls before you talk.

Joey is Kyle Orton

Last year Orton was winning games but playing poorly and average at times. Orton was benched for a HEALTHY QB and the Bears are now a much better team

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think the problem is the Wr's should be worring about who is playing and not an injured player that can't play. Maybe if they focused a bit more, McMike and Chambers may have a game with more catches then drops.

When Culpepper gets the green light to play, then by all means, talk him up, but just catch the dam balls before you talk.

Im sure they want to win and play their best for Joey, but its also obvious IMO that they have more faith in Daunte

Great stuff. Glad to see them behind our QB for the near future when healthy.

Lemon can make plays with his feet if all else fails, so can Joey but he isn't as fast as Lemon is. Joey simply isn't getting it done and he also telegraphs his hand-offs so the other team knows we are running. We need a change but I'm afraid we will have to lose before a change is made and our season will be over if we lose anymore games

KuD said:
WHO CARES!! Why would you care about something so trivial as what he did two years ago without the Dolphins, long before his injury. That is completely irrelevant right now. Your logic couldn't be anymore ridiculous. Yeah he's proven cause he was once good. Is Kurt Warner proven? Is Mark Brunell? How about Drew Bledsoe? Should they remain the starters of their teams because they were once good?

Mark Brunell is a 36 year old QB with bad knees.

Drew Bledsoe has been in the NFL since 1993, he has 4 seasons in which he's had a QB rating over 80. I'd take Fiedler over Bledsoe.

Kurt Warner is 35 years old with lingering thumb problems.

I never said Culpepper would return to '04 form, but the risk/reward is much better with Culpepper than it is with Harrington. There's atleast a chance that Culpepper returns to the QB he used to be, and even if he doesn't..........he's not much worse (if any) than Harrington. There is nothing in Harrington's play this year that says he can be anything more than a decent (at very best) QB.

Alex44 said:

no...it is the point that the last word always goes back the coach and i may recall trent green and drew bledsoe both were promise there starting jobs after being injuried and was release the very next year cause there back-up preformed better....soooo take that home and chew it

Alex44 said:
Im sure they want to win and play their best for Joey, but its also obvious IMO that they have more faith in Daunte

Here's my point, Daunte is not playing, they need to work with Harrington, not coming out and saying Daunte is the man. Just go out and play, keep winning and say we have faith in Joey.

When Daunte comes back, then talk him up.

And again, I really don't like both QB's!

For the record, I wanted Brees and to try and keep Gus or Sage as the backup.

Alex44 said:
Joey is Kyle Orton

Last year Orton was winning games but playing poorly and average at times. Orton was benched for a HEALTHY QB and the Bears are now a much better team

Good analogy.

Was kind of odd though when Grossman came back in he gave the Bears offense a spark and all the sudden the Bears were high as a kite on their playoff chances...but then it was the DEFENSE that let them down against the Panthers.

If that happened this year I'd be grateful for making the playoffs but it'd still suck to lose like that.

I'm not sure Daunte will be better than Joey when he comes back, sure the talent is there but he needs to get into the right frame of mind. he lost confidence in his knee and also didn't trust his teammates to block for him and to get open

nuttie_buddie said:
no...it is the point that the last word always goes back the coach and i may recall trent green and drew bledsoe both were promise there starting jobs after being injuried and was release the very next year cause there back-up preformed better....soooo take that home and chew it

I thought Bledsoe got traded?

And neither St. Louis or NE had just traded for thier starting QB in the prior year and reworked some of thier contract so it was easier for them to stay.

Back
Top Bottom