merged:Dolphins sign 3 college free agents/ Atari, Elam, and Meeks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Dolphins sign 3 college free agents/ Atari, Elam, and Meeks

I actually think that this guard could make the team- obviously Houck is not super impressed with Whitley, Jerman (who has already been released) et al.

Nice! About time Atari got signed.

:cooldude: UCF Golden Knights! :cooldude:

Very happy about Bibgy.....Meeks and Elam (which I think they are pretty good also ) thay had some pretty big problems with the law.

WOOOHOOOOOO Atari Bigby Is a stud and a fellow UCF Alumni. GO KNIGHTS. In a dismal Season for the Knights, Atari (2600 baby) was a stud plays great footbal great raw skill, reads everything on the field. Hope fully he can be a probowler like his other alumnist Daunte.. Well here's to hoping :D

Elam is actually considered a better prospect by many

Elam, who once played at Notre Dame, is considered to be as good if not better prospect than Bigby. Elam has more speed, and was considered draftable had he stayed at Notre Dame. He is a convicted felon. Kent St. gave him an opportunity and he apparently took the opportunity to heart. Anyone who follows football in Ohio is welcome to chime in. Elam was interviewed by Cleveland prior to the draft.

Meeks also has a checkered history with the law. I know less about that, but he was considered a good prospect. He stood out among three of four guards at rookie camp.

I knew there was a reason Meeuwsen was cut. This is what was to come. These two safties showed more technical ability than Meeuwsen. Bigby graded out well, and I envision him as a strong safety. Elam has more speed and could play either.

Lee2000

Ya this is the guy Terry Tate (matt) is high on. Matt and I both go to UCF and both think Bigby has a chance to be a great player, I know his injury last year made him miss getting drafted but I am surprised no body picked him up that fast as an UDFA. Oh well I am so flippin happy we got him!

Trackstar#6 said:
If I am not mistaken think this is the guy Terry Tate went to school with. He spoke very highly of the saftey. Am I right Terry?

I used ot see him in mealplan (stuck out like a freakin sore thumb)....but i never had class with him or anything...maybe said hi to him once or twice or wished him luck...something of that nature...

I'm stoked that he got signed...

Wait until you see Bigby lay someone out in the pre-season (if he's still there), and you'll see what us Golden Knights are talking about.

About Bobby Meeks....
When he was at FSU he was outstanding and the coaches loved him....when he was in the lineup.
It usually wasn't injuries that kept him out either (i think he had one minor shoulder injury..not sure on that), but he fought some battles with asthma. There was actually an incident or 2 where he was down on the field in the game with shortness of breath which is scarey for a guy with his condition. I'm not real sure what role that will play but had he not suffered from asthma, I don't think this is an undrafted guy.

I guarantee you'll be hearing Bigby's name a lot on special teams this year (much like the way Bua made a a name for himself last season)

Also don't over look Elam...the guy is good but troubled.

Back
Top Bottom